Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Display flickering problem with HP spectre with Intel HD Graphic

NTota
Beginner

Dears, i have this very expensive laptop from HP Spectre 360 15 with Intel graphic which now the screen starting flickering after around 4 to 6 months of usage. at first the flickering was very few almost once to towice a week but now it is completely flickering and i don't know what is the problem somethings when i keep the laptop away from mobile phones (mobile signales) and i turn it on it works fine but again after few hours of usage or even if i restart right away the flickering comes back.i hate this and i hate HP for it i will never ever buy any other HP product in my whole life. i saw this their community portal and saw lots of people have the same problem and there is no any response from HP so i though if i try Intel and see if you can help out.

Things i have tried:

* Installed, Reinstalled, Updated Graphic Card (even downgraded) drivers one by one and both together.

* updated my bios to lastest version, Defaulted my Bios settings the only thing i was not able to downgrade my Bios i used the previews version of bios available in HP (my laptop model) support/download section and followed the instruction the upgrading to current version works and downgrading is not working.

* restarting, resetting, with power plugged or unplugged anything i thought will work on restarting the device.

remember this problem appairs even when Windows is not started yet, when i open the bios setup the flickering is there still to it flickerings doesn't matter if windows starts or not.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Try to fully reset you laptop: disconnect the Power Adapter, remove the battery, disconnect the CMOS battery. Reassemble your laptop after leaving it disconnected for 15 minutes at least.

Leon

0 Kudos
NTota
Beginner

No i did it, the cmos is resetted and the problem is still the same actually i left it for around 25 minutes but no luck.

0 Kudos
NTota
Beginner

Before when i was changing the refresh rate from 60 to 40 it was getting fixed now thats also not working, even somethings the contrast was effect changing to to lower it was getting fixed but now no more.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Please download Intel System Support Utility (SSU).
  2. Run the SSU System Scan and save the results.
  3. The file with the results, please attach to your post (use "paper clip").

Leon

0 Kudos
NTota
Beginner

Already have it. find attached.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Your Graphics Drivers are outdated (so are the drivers in the HP download center for your laptop). Usually it is not advised to install on laptop default Intel Driver, since it can be customized by the laptop manufacturer. However, since the HP site is not updated I would try it. In the same way as I'll give instructions to upgrade your drivers, you will be able to downgrade the drivers again to the drivers from HP site.
  2. Your laptop is equipped with AMD Radeon Graphics Adapter. So, first download the latest AMD driver for Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2
  3. Next download the latest Intel DCH Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.100.7985
  4. Start with the AMD driver:
  5. Open Apps and Features (Windows settings) and click on AMD software and then click on Uninstall. After finishing uninstalling, reboot your laptop.
  6. Double click on previously downloaded Adrenaline Driver and follow the installation. After finishing, reboot your laptop.
  7. Now, you may proceed to update the Intel DCH Graphics Driver:
  8. Disconnect the Internet.
  9. Open the Device Manager, Display Adapters section.
  10. Right click on Intel HD Graphics 630. Then click on Uninstall device and check the "Delete..." option.
  11. Reboot your NUC.
  12. Install the previously downloaded Graphics Driver.
  13. Reconnect the Internet and reboot you NUC.
  14. Disconnect the Internet.
  15. Open the Device Manager, Display Adapters section.
  16. Right click on Intel HD Graphics 630. Then click on Uninstall device and check the "Delete..." option.
  17. Reboot your laptop.
  18. Install the previously downloaded Graphics Driver version 7985.
  19. Reconnect the Internet and reboot you laptop.

Hope this helps

Leon

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If this is happening in the pre-boot state, then it is not an issue you can blame on the Windows graphics driver. No, in this case it is more likely a hardware issue and you need to have it looked at. If the laptop is still under warranty, contact HP to set this up (if they'll answer).

...S

NTota
Beginner

true it is Hardware problem because i did all the updates and everything it is still the same. i guess it is something to do with the bios because i can't downgrade it too.

0 Kudos
NTota
Beginner

yah HP support s... this is my first and will be my last time leaving Dell and Mac for HP.

0 Kudos