Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Display update 30.0.101.1692 causes "Input is out of range. Please set Refresh rate to 60 hz" error

DarthTwinkie
Beginner

Machine:

Dell Desktop PC 5040 6th Gen i5 16GB RAM 2TB HD Windows 10 Pro Computer WiFi

Monitor:

HP 2010 Series Wide LCD Monitor

My PC and monitor combination worked fine up until the download and installation of Intel display update 30.0.101.1692. As soon as the installation completes my system beeps, the monitor goes black, and the error "Input is out of range. Please set refresh rate to 60 Hz" is posted on the now black monitor screen. I can only get my display working again by running the power cycle option, putting my machine in safe mode, uninstalling the entire display update from the device manager, and restarting my machine normally to reinstall the base drivers. The base drivers are very old and don't run any of my apps very well. As I mentioned before, my apps all ran fine before this update hit my system. The error occurs every single time without fail post-download and Windows 10 has kicked the update to the optional list for 30 days waiting for a resolution to be found. Also, I have a mandatory display update "Intel Corporation - Display - 27.20.100.9664" pending download that I can't download because pressing the button doesn't currently work. I refreshed Windows 10 and let my machine update all my drivers, BIOS, and pertinent bundles from scratch, but I got to the same point and I'm stuck again. I also manually installed the 9664 update to try and rectify the error before running the refresh. Please advise.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DarthTwinkie
Beginner

Solved my own problem. Bought a newer monitor with a higher refresh rate. Working fine so far. Moderators, please close this thread. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DarthTwinkie
Beginner

Solved my own problem. Bought a newer monitor with a higher refresh rate. Working fine so far. Moderators, please close this thread. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello DarthTwinkie,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it. You may also find the Discontinued Products website, website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos