Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Displayport not working on Dell Optiplex 7020 with Intel HD 4600 graphics

Rodak
Beginner

I bought a refurbished Dell Optiplex 7020 with integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics, with one onboard VGA port and two Displayports.  The VGA port works fine, but neither of the Displayports works. I have an HP P24H G4 monitor with the Displayport enabled.  The version of the Intel driver is 20.19.15.5144, dated 5/15/2020.  I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 2004.

I've checked all the BIOS settings, and there's nothing there about the onboard video ports.

If I bring up the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel and go to Multiple Displays, it shows only the display connected to the VGA port.

What might I be overlooking?  Or is it possible that something in the system is actually defective.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Good to know. Mark my answer as solving the question, so that Intel Customer Support will know that they can close this conversation.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sounds like either the motherboard or the processor is defective. Who certified the refurb?

...S

0 Kudos
Rodak
Beginner

I think you may be right.

I bought it at Microcenter.  The refurb was apparently done by CNB Computers 

The monitor is a new HP, which I've only ever used for VGA, so I can't be 100% certain that its displayport even works (although unlikely).

Planning to bring both the PC and my monitor up to my office today, where I can try both with known-working Display port monitors and PC.  

0 Kudos
Rodak
Beginner

Well, I don't know what the original problem was, but it's fixed.

I brought the PC and my new monitor to my office today, where I have a working PC with displayport monitors.  Tried both out, both worked, hooked my monitor back up to my new PC, and voila!  Brought them home, set them up, and it's working great now.

All I can figure is maybe I didn't have the monitor end of the Displayport cable fully seated. 

Thanks for your response, though!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Good to know. Mark my answer as solving the question, so that Intel Customer Support will know that they can close this conversation.

...S

0 Kudos