Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Do I need the intel hd graphics control panel service to run?

LMoso1
New Contributor I

It seems like the intel hd graphics control panel service just displays the control panel icon in the system tray.

If I disable this service, will it do anything bad?

Also, if I have an nvidia card, then can I also disable the service for that control panel icon too?

I contacted nvidia and they said if the nvvsvc.exe service was diasbled then it would make the control panel stop working. But it just seems you can access the control panel for nvidia with nvcplui.exe

So with both of these services, are they necessary for the control panels for both cards to work? Or can I disable them without having any consequences?

Will my video cards work properly if I disable them?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ricardo_G_Intel1
Employee

In this case if you are ussing a dedicated graphic card (Nvidia) the system ellectronically disables the Intel® graphics from the processor. Depends form your system you can disable the onboard graphics ( Intel®) form BIOS or from the startup options you can desable it to start.

0 Kudos
LMoso1
New Contributor I

what? can you please explain this is proper grammar because i don't understand anything you said

0 Kudos
gbhj
New Contributor I

there is a registry setting that can be used to disable the CUI (Intel control panel) search for "CUINotRequired" in regedit

you can also improve the effectiveness of both GPU's by setting "SOFTWARE\Intel\KMD/EnableControlPrimaryTLBUtilization" to 0x1

0 Kudos
LMoso1
New Contributor I

why do i need to disable it? why don't I just disable the service? what does disabling it do rather than disabling the service.

and there is no registry entry for what you referenced in my registry...

0 Kudos
gbhj
New Contributor I

both will work however the service is needed for settings to be applied to the GPU

you have to add items that are not present in the registry like

0 Kudos
LMoso1
New Contributor I

so both of these cards will work even if the control panel services are disabled for both the nvidia and the intel?

what does adding this registry key do?

and where exactly do i add this key? local machine or current user or where?

0 Kudos
Ricardo_G_Intel1
Employee

Answering to your question, the computer is using the Nvidia Graphics, what you can do is remove the Intel® icon from the system tray.

0 Kudos