Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20687 Discussions

Does intel Arc support Dynamic refresh rate(DRR)?

etnivor
Beginner

Since it has been found that Intel Arc has high idle power. Solution includes setting screen refresh rate to 60Hz for lower power usage.

So I am wondering if Intel Arc drivers supports Dynamic refresh rate in Windows 11, this would mitigate that you manually need too switch refresh rate if gaming or just doing regular office work.

If not, is this a feature which may be added?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello etnivor,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

We will look further into this scenario. We will post back as soon as we have further details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello etnivor,

We appreciate your patience.

After investigating this matter, we would like to let you know that Dynamic Refresh Rate is an Operating System Feature. This only applies to Laptops with a display that supports a Variable refresh rate (VRR) and a refresh rate of at least 120 Hz. For further details, take a look at the Microsoft article: Dynamic refresh rate – Get the best of both worlds.

It is important to mention that Intel Arc GPU supports VRR - Adaptive Sync; hence, if a System Manufacturer (OEM) were to introduce this support, it would likely be on Mobile Arc SKUs such as A770M or A370M.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello etnivor, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello etnivor, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos