Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20784 Discussions

Which "WhiskeyLake-U GT2 [UHD Graphics 620]" driver should I use with Linux (Oracle Linux 8.8)?

viller23
Beginner

I lost the ability to alter the screen brightness and utilise a second monitor after updating to Oracle Linux 8.8 (based on Red Hat).

On Oracle Linux 8.8, which driver should I use for my "WhiskeyLake-U GT2 [UHD Graphics 620]" card?

VGA compliant controller [0300]: Intel Corporation WhiskeyLake-U GT2 [UHD Graphics 620] [8086:3ea0] is found by using the command "lspci -vnn | grep VGA 00:02.0" Rev. 02, Programme If 00 (VGA Controller)

Any assistance is appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello viller23

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing an issue with the graphics driver on your Oracle Linux 8.8 installation.

At the moment we only provide support for Ubuntu 22.04 and 11th-generation graphics and above. Each Linux distribution should come with the graphics driver preinstalled we would advise that you check with the distribution developers for further driver support and troubleshooting

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello viller23

I see there are no further questions related to this topic so we will proceed to close this thread. Feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance. 

Best Regards,  

Hugo O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos