Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Does the Intel UHD Graphics 620 support 10 bit monitors?

MichaelP
Beginner

Hello,

I have an Intel UHD Graphics 620 integrated graphics unit (Processor i7-8565U) and I wondered if you could confirm whether this will support a monitor that has 10-bit colour depth (Benq SW270C)?

The driver installed on my laptop (Lenovo Yoga S730-13IWL) is 26.20.100.7811 (states 'best driver already installed').

The laptop is connected to the monitor via a USB-C cable (USB-C to USB-C) and it appears to work fine, but the Advanced Display Settings on Windows shows '8 bit' next to 'Colour Depth' (screenshot attached), whereas the monitor is 10 bit.

Thank you for any help!
Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maria_R_Intel

Hello MichaelP,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We noticed that you have contacted Intel® Customer Support directly regarding the same issue here described and we found out that you have an internal support case open. In this case, we will proceed to close this thread to avoid duplication of effort and the support will continue through the internal case.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Maria_R_Intel

Hello MichaelP,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We noticed that you have contacted Intel® Customer Support directly regarding the same issue here described and we found out that you have an internal support case open. In this case, we will proceed to close this thread to avoid duplication of effort and the support will continue through the internal case.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician