Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Double display error after Windows 10 1909 upgrade

sednem
Beginner

Hi,

My configuration:

motherboard MSI B360M GAMING PLUS, with CPU Intel® Core™ i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz and graphics  Intel® UHD Graphics 630 

1st Monitor: LG linked with VGA cables

2nd Monitor: TV LG linked with HDMI direct cable!

This configuration worked until i've upgraded windows 10 version to v 1909.18363.1082 (seems to be the last one since windows update shows: "you're up to date"!

Since the upgrade I have only one display and when I try to look for the second one, with intel tool Graphics command center i have the message "no other display has been detected". same with windows  display tool and detect!

I have look in lots of forums and faq, and the only solution seems to be rollback the windows installation, witch is not suitable to me!

Other solution seems to be install a older version of intel driver! After the update I have intel driver's version 27.20.100.8783. I try to install an older version (the oldest that i fund is 26.20.100.7985) and no chance!

Do you have any other solution, or are we going to have a fix for this issue shortley?

Best regards

Américo!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello sednem

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Since the issue happened after you upgraded Windows* to version 1909, hence a Windows® update was the trigger of this behavior, and this is most likely pointing out to an Operating System (OS) issue. However, since you are already running the latest driver from Intel® (version 27.20.100.8783), please try a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10 following the steps on this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Please perform the steps using the customized driver from MSI* website, Intel VGA Driver version 27.20.100.8190 >> https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B360M-GAMING-PLUS#down-driver&Win10%2064

If the issue persists, you may try the following options:

1- Downgrade to the previous version of Windows for testing purposes, for instance, Windows® 1903. We understand this may not be suitable for you but it is just for testing to see if the issue is related to a specific OS version.

If it has been less than 10 days since you upgraded Windows 10 and you don’t delete Windows.old folder, then you can quite easily downgrade to your previous version of Windows. To do this, open the Start menu and select Settings, then Update & security. From there, select Recovery and you'll see either Go back to Windows 10 1903.

If it's been over 10 days since you upgrade to Windows 1909, then most likely you won't see this option and you will need to perform a clean install of Windows 10 1903.

2- Update Windows® to the latest version. The latest version of Windows® 10 is actually version 2004. You can get it from the below link* where you should find different options to perform the update:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

If you need assistance with these two options (rollback or update) we recommend contacting Microsoft® Support for proper assistance.

If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

1- Is a specific display the one that is not recognized or is any display that is just connected through HDMI?

2- Have you tried testing the display with another computer? Also, have you tested with different video cables?

3- Have you tested with known working drivers or have you tried a driver rollback?

4- With both displays connected to the computer, please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  •  Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

6- Please provide an Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool report. You can download the proper version (32 or 64 bit) from the below link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

The purpose of the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is to verify the functionality of an Intel® microprocessor.

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" dialog below the edit box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello sednem

We would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello sednem

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos