Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Driver HD Intel® 3000

lcnfred333
Beginner

Hello, I reinstalled windows 10 and my Acer Aspire V5-571P notebook. However, the intel HD Graphics 3000 VGA driver

is not working. The screen looks like this and for you to see I photographed because

printscreen does not show this problem. Win 10 is already updated. I tried to install version 4000 of the driver I downloaded. before needing to reinstall windows 10 it worked perfectly. below is the photograph I took. Thank you all for the attention.

aceito respostas em Português.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CaptainRex
Novice

You worked for Intel, so obviously you don't want this solution. The HD 4000 supports the latest version of Windows 10 and, barring a major change in the operating system, this will likely continue. I am just proposing a radical solution, which may be possible, but if the author fixes his problem without, so much the better.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
32 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Be careful with going from a 2nd gen to a 3rd gen processor.  The motherboard bios has to support it, and a bios upgrade (if necessary,, must be done first using the 2nd gen processor.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel is on the cusp of dropping support for HD 4000 as well, so that's not a long-term solution.

Back to the original problem: Have you tried simply disabling the Intel HD graphics engine in the BIOS? This may be problematic in a laptop situation, but worth a try...

...S

0 Kudos
CaptainRex
Novice

You worked for Intel, so obviously you don't want this solution. The HD 4000 supports the latest version of Windows 10 and, barring a major change in the operating system, this will likely continue. I am just proposing a radical solution, which may be possible, but if the author fixes his problem without, so much the better.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Hardly a radical solution, especially when Intel provided a bios update that would allow you to move to the next gen processor and graphics.

Radical?  If you have a desktop, then purchase a nvidia card and be supported.  Nvidia gtx 750 and gtx 1060 cards work quite well and have current drivers.

Just an opinion.

0 Kudos
Wertia
Novice

Intel 3000 is integrated (integrated means it's soldered on, I mean technically you can remove it if you know about all the patent applications about intel intellectual property but even then too much work. I think you mean an external video card, maybe implied I just didn't catch it, or maybe I did.

Also I just learned something new, I was never was sure how important bios updates are til you said it. I sort of just thought there was some magic going on had special circuits that won't make it work on the next models , you know for profit.

Thanks

0 Kudos
lcnfred333
Beginner
Since not the only "solution" is for me to buy another laptop, 
so thanks for the help and thanks for nothing Intel. Thanks guys for the help.
0 Kudos
Maiti
Beginner

Hola buen dia... estimado señor tengo el sigiente problema... lleve a actualizar a windows 10 y ahora no puedo escuchar nada cuando conecto mi compu al tele por cable HDMI solo pudo ver... antes podia ver y escuchar po HDMI mi computadora portatil es una ken brom con procesador intel i5 con placa intel y intel graphicg 3000 y 4GB ram.. espero puedan solucionarme ese incombeniente ya q nadie pudo solucionarlo y e gastado mucho tiempo y dinero y no funciona.. creo q me falta un drivers... muchas gracias espero su pronta respuesta 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Maiti One thread is enough.  Stay with your original post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Maiti
Beginner

NO SE QUE ES UN HILO..?????

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

OK, just stop making more than one post.    And, do not forget to turn off the CAPS LOCK.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Maiti
Beginner

AYUDA 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are indeed missing a driver. Windows 10 is not supported on 2nd generation Intel Core processors. Specifically, Intel does not provide a graphics driver for Windows 10 for these processors. You are running on a compatibility driver provided by Microsoft. This is a very basic driver and, as you have seen, it has issues. It is not uncommon to see issues with sound support, issues with multimonitor support, issues with refresh rate support, issues with down-rev. graphics APIs, etc. Unfortunately, if you encounter any issues, Microsoft will not provide any assistance in correcting them; the compatibility drivers are provided as-is, no support is provided and no updates will be forthcoming.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos