Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Driver and Support Assistant Not Working On Windows 10

geo
Beginner

My Support assistant isn't working.  I receive a notification that I have driver updates available.  When I go to the intel page, it says I need to download the app again and then it "unistalls" the app.  It work ok for a few months, but this is a recent problem

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello geo, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please try the following steps and let us know about the outcome:  

1. What is the browser that you are using? Make sure that you are using the validated browsers: Chrome, Firefox, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer browsers) 

2. Uninstall the  existing Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) from Apps and Features: 

• Click Start
  • Open Control Panel
  • Select Programs
  • Select Programs and Features
  • From the list that displays, click Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
  • Click Uninstall
  • A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program. 

3. Remove any remaining files from the Intel® DSA in the system using the Uninstaller tool

4. Download and reinstall the latest Intel® DSA version, run the installer as administrator (right-click on the icon and choose Run as Administrator). 

5. In case the above does not work, please provide the Intel® DSA logs for the tool and uninstaller: 

Intel® DSA: 

Note: In case you do not see the "ProgramData" folder click on the upper tab "View" and check the box "Hidden items".  

Intel® DSA Uninstaller tool: 

• Use the Uninstaller tool again to uninstall the remaining files for the Intel® DSA. 
  • Press Windows key + E (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination).  
  • Click on "This PC."  
  • Look for: Disk C:\, on the search bar, type: "DSAUninstaller.log". 
  • Take the logs, copy and paste them into a folder and send them to us. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
geo
Beginner

Hi AlHill, thanks for the reply.  I've attached the file

0 Kudos
Lele33
Beginner

Hello, i have the same problem. So i did the same. Can you help me please ?

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello geo, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please try the following steps and let us know about the outcome:  

1. What is the browser that you are using? Make sure that you are using the validated browsers: Chrome, Firefox, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer browsers) 

2. Uninstall the  existing Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) from Apps and Features: 

• Click Start
  • Open Control Panel
  • Select Programs
  • Select Programs and Features
  • From the list that displays, click Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
  • Click Uninstall
  • A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program. 

3. Remove any remaining files from the Intel® DSA in the system using the Uninstaller tool

4. Download and reinstall the latest Intel® DSA version, run the installer as administrator (right-click on the icon and choose Run as Administrator). 

5. In case the above does not work, please provide the Intel® DSA logs for the tool and uninstaller: 

Intel® DSA: 

Note: In case you do not see the "ProgramData" folder click on the upper tab "View" and check the box "Hidden items".  

Intel® DSA Uninstaller tool: 

• Use the Uninstaller tool again to uninstall the remaining files for the Intel® DSA. 
  • Press Windows key + E (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination).  
  • Click on "This PC."  
  • Look for: Disk C:\, on the search bar, type: "DSAUninstaller.log". 
  • Take the logs, copy and paste them into a folder and send them to us. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
geo
Beginner

Thanks Seb, worked a treat 😀

BTW,  I was using Brave as my browser and didn't have any issues previously.

0 Kudos
whoamiindeed
Beginner

Sebastian,  I've always used Brave (chromium) as my default browser, and Intel Support Assistant worked on it fine until this year.  Now it doesn't, which - I guess I understand, since it's not directly Chrome, and certainly isn't Firefox or Edge.  But I don't understand why Brave did used to work, and stopped.  ?

Thanks, though, switched to Chrome and it worked much better.

0 Kudos
matiasch
Beginner

Hi. Where I can find the "Unistaller tool"? The page isn´t working. ("We are sorry. The page is temporalily unaivailable.."). 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This display ordering makes this almost humorous. @matiasch is saying in the entry above that he can't get to the tool and the entry below is @Sebastian_M_Intel saying glad you resolved it. Of course, they are posts 6 months apart and have nothing to do with each other. Why? Because @matiasch has hijacked this conversation. @matiasch - It doesn't matter if you believe that you have the same problem; set up your own conversation. No arguing. We will answer you there...

...S

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello geo,  

Thank you for your reply. 

I am glad to hear that your Intel® DSA is now working. Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry; if you have any additional questions, please submit a new thread and we will gladly assist you. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
Lele33
Beginner

Hello, I have the same problem. Can you help me ?

0 Kudos