Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21079 Discussions

Driver assistant recommending Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows* with no Arc GPU?

Byteus
Novice

Why is the Intel driver's assistant recommending I install Arc control and the Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows* driver?  The 12700K has it's own driver and app for control and Arc control offers nothing not to mention I really don't need any more bloatware.  Is there some value I'm not aware of for a user with a 12700K and RTX3060?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Byteus,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

The Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4255 is designed for Intel® Arc™ Graphics, 11th-13th Gen Intel® Core™ processor graphics, and related Intel Pentium® and Celeron® processors.

So in your case, the driver update notification is valid, and you can proceed to install it.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Byteus
Novice

Thank you, I've since noticed under custom install you can also decline the Arc Control install and will move forward with that option in future. 

0 Kudos