Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Driver install restart loop

BMart1
New Contributor II

When I select "restart now" in the last screen of the driver installer, the installer opens again after the restart. I'm installing directly from the Driver & Support Assistant. I suspect Windows incorrectly includes the installer when reopening previously running apps after restart.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

BMart1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the Intel® Driver Support Assistant version installed?

What is the Intel® Graphics driver currently installed and what is the one that you are trying to update to?

Is this a new computer?

Is there any Graphics problem with the computer?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BMart1
New Contributor II

It's a laptop, a two years old Clevo P650HS-G that runs fine.
Windows 10 is version 2004.
Intel® Driver & Support Assistant is version 20.8.30.6.
I updated from 27.20.100.8476 to 27.20.100.8587.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @BMart1 

Just disregard the second request to run the installer. Click "Cancel". This is some bug in driver. I see this all the time in my NUC computers.  I'm updating  this driver manually (rather than using IDSA) and still this error persists. May be once it we be corrected. Now, just click on Cancel, after finishing the installation and restarting your laptop. You may check also in Device Manager that the correct driver is installed.

Leon

0 Kudos
BMart1
New Contributor II

Hi Leon,

I agree to just ignore the second instance, or close the first installer and restart manually. I just wanted to report it so Intel can prioritize it and fix it.

Regards,
Bruno

budafuko
Beginner

yeah i always just ignore the second instance of the driver unless i had some video intensive programs running before the restart. sometimes i will install it a second time just for good measure but i don't think its necessary. it never used to happen to me but ever since a couple updates ago i had some extremely strange problems and it started happening after that. at least the problems seemed to sort themselves out though lol

0 Kudos