Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Driver problem with Intel HD 4000

ARehm2
Beginner

Hi,

I have Inspiron 5520 with the following specifications:

• Core i7 3612qm(Intel HD 4000)
  • 8GB RAM
  • Radeon HD 7670M 1GB

I have downloaded the driver for Intel HD 4000. When I uninstalled both the graphic drivers(for shared and dedicated) and I try to reinstall the HD 4000 driver an error message appears saying 'Your computer does not meet the minimum requirement to install this'. This error message also appears if I try to install the driver from my Drivers disk. It has been since the first time I bought the laptop. So what I did was live with the automatic installation of driver. What should I do?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

What operating system version is being used in this system? is this x32 or x64?

Have you checked with your computer manufacturer for the appropriate driver installation steps for this system?

Keep in mind that the Intel® HD Graphics will not be installed if no Intel(R) video controller is detected, so in a system with switchable graphics like the one you have, the Intel® HD Graphics controller may be disabled when you are trying to load the driver.

0 Kudos
ARehm2
Beginner

Thanks for the reply Diego. Its a x64 system. I have already checked the method of installation by manufacturer and I have been doing it that way.

Though it is a switchable graphics system, but Intel HD 4000 is always working because most of the programs run on it, only those that are assigned to Radeon GPU will be run by external GPU. So shouldn't it detect the processor GPU?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Could you please try the following for me?

1. Turn off Windows* Updates. This should be temporarily so that we can make sure it is not installing a Microsoft* generic version of the 3316 drivers instead of the one we provide. For information on turning this off you can check here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-automatic-updating-on-off Turn automatic updating on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

2. Then perform a FULL UNINSTALL of the Intel® Graphics Driver (and Intel® Display Audio Driver if you are having audio issues as well). In order to do this; open Device Manager, Right click the Intel® Display Adapter and select Uninstall. Select the Checkbox for Delete driver files, and then reboot your system. Do this until the display adapter shows Basic Microsoft Display Adapter. (Note: If you are also uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver, you can find that under Sound, Video and Game Controllers section of Device Manager).

3. Install the 3316 driver via these links:

32-bit:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center

64-bit:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center

4. Reboot, and check if the issue is fixed.

0 Kudos
ARehm2
Beginner

Diego, I am running windows 7 x64. The driver in the links are for the windows 8.1, right? They wouldn't work with my system.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III
0 Kudos
JMazz
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I have a Core i5 running Win7 x64 (4GB RAM) and Intel HD Graphics 4000. I've downloaded and tried to run Win64_152117.exe as suggested in this thread and by Intel Update tool however I have had no success. I am given the error "This operating system is not supported". Also, I am not running an external GPU.

A similar issue seemed to have occurred for those with HD Graphics 4400 and they've been given a successful fix.

Heres a link to that thread.

/thread/44486 https://communities.intel.com/thread/44486

0 Kudos
JMazz
Beginner

I just tried the uninstall, reboot, and reinstall you suggested. It did not work for me so I had to reinstall the version from May.

0 Kudos
NBung
Beginner

I had the same problem with my laptop too. I saw this post and reinstalled the driver after uninstalling it from the device manager. It's working fine now. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

We are glad to hear it is working fine for you.

0 Kudos