Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Driver problem with Iris Xe on Source Filmmaker

Xppp1
Beginner

My setup is i5-1135g7 (iris Xe 80eu)
Windows 11 build 22622.440

Driver version 31.0.101.3222

The 3D animation program Source Filmmaker, the error consists in the rendering of the DX9 viewport, there is SSAO missing, texture corruption (the white line accross the screen) and shadows are not being rendered

This is a regression from previous versions of the intel drivers as this did not happen back in 2015 with intel HD 3000 (i5-3210M) and the program itself has not had any updates

(Example of the bug below)image.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Xppp1,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.  

In order to better assist you, please try the following:  

1. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

2. Are you having issues with other apps?

3. Was the app working before? If so, when did the issue start?

4. Based on your picture, are you using the BETA version of the app?

5. To confirm, is the issue present with the latest Intel and laptop/motherboard manufacturer drivers?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Xppp1
Beginner

1 .- I'm on a laptop 
2 .- this is the only app that i've found with this isse
3 .- as i said, the app was working before with my intel HD 3000 laptop, i am unsure where the regression happened as i stopped using it in 2016
4 .- The app is fully updated, development ceased in 2015 with the "beta" label never being removed

5 .- this issue is with the latest drivers installed

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Xppp1, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Bear in mind that our drivers are generic and may not always work as expected with customized devices like laptops, the drivers from the laptop manufacturer were customized to be fully compatible and supported by the unit which is why I recommend you to use the latest drivers from your laptop manufacturer.

However, to continue further I would appreciate it if you try the following:

1. Check with the app developer to confirm if there are any issues with the latest drivers or if there is a setting within the app that can correct the image.

2. Just if possible, try with Windows 10 to confirm if the issue is related to the operating system.

3. Check with the laptop manufacturer to confirm if you have installed the latest drivers and BIOS approved by the manufacturer.

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Xppp1,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Xppp1,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate in opening a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos