Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Driver support assistant continually tells me that there is a driver update when mine is newer!

six-h
New Contributor I

I'm running an NUC Kit NUC6i5SYH Intel Core i5-6260U Barebone PC which i built in 2016.

I was persuaded by folks wiser than me, to install the Driver Support Assistant, and all has been well since.

However these last few weeks it constantly tells me there is a Graphics driver update to install, and upon attempting to install it, the machine tells me it is older than the one already installed!

Why does this keep happening?

How can I stop it?

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello six-h,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Do you recall any hardware or software change before the issue started?
  • What is the Intel® DSA version installed on your system?
  • What is the driver version the Intel® DSA is suggesting you install?
  • Have you confirmed that the driver installation process is complete?
  • Do you recall any error messages?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
six-h
New Contributor I
@Jean_Intel No hardware changes and only the usual MS Updates over the past few months.
The DSA has for some reason disappeared from the system tray "Hidden Icons" but is visible in "Progs and Features", it shows as ver: 22.2.14.5 and oddly says it was installed on 30/3/22.
I know it's been on my system for years not months!
because the only thing I can do under Progs and Features, is un-install it, I cant interrogate it for the driver it wanted to install.
I terminated the install on both occasions that my PC told me the driver it wanted to install was older that that which was currently in use, so no, the installation process was not completed and no error messages from DSA, just the notification from my system flagging that the driver was older than that currently installed.

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

This is a recurrent problem with this tool...

Don't lose your mind, if you know you already have a newer driver, just disregard the notification and move on...

You can also change the scan frequency on this tool if it is getting too annoying or you can even hide the said notification...

0 Kudos
six-h
New Contributor I

@Jean_Intel Hi again,  the tool has shown up again today, Windows sent me a Notification, this time I have copied the web page.

I'm pretty certain that this is the same Graphics driver it has now 3 times attempted to install, and to which the system ibjects on the grounds that it's older than existing!

Here's the screenshot:-

Graphics Driver update.jpg

Sorry, I don't know how to make it large enough for you to read easily!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello six-h,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate the information provided.

This time, as the Intel® DSA tool is not working correctly, I would like to suggest reinstalling the application following these steps:

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
six-h
New Contributor I

Hi @Jean_Intel Followed your instructions and the new version of the tool wants to install exactly the same driver!

SAME PROBLEM.JPG

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello six-h,

I am sorry that the issue persists after reinstalling the Intel® DSA.

I want to request some information to have more insight into your issue, so please provide me with the following:

• Please, provide me with the files and logs in these Intel® DSA folders. They provide information on all the changes that occur during updates, scans, and initialization of the Intel® DSA. 

• Open Intel® DSA on the browser of your preference.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Find the Folder Location field.
    • Click on the hyperlink of the location.
    • Select the three folders shown and then right-click.
    • Click on Send to.
    • Click on the Compressed (zipped) folder.
    • Save it in the desired location.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
six-h
New Contributor I

Thanks @Jean_Intel  Hope I've followed your instructions correctly, files attached.

Scratch that!

I've attached the scan but the zipped downloads folder is too large.

I did click on "Submit" in the Support utility, but it took me to a "This site can't be reached" page!

Tried twice more still no joy.

How do you want me to upload the Zipped folder?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello six-h, 

Thanks for attaching the Intel® SSU report to your latest post. I understand that there is an issue when you try attaching the Intel® DSA zip file. I will be reaching you with an email; so you can share with me the zip file.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
six-h
New Contributor I

Thanks your email Jean,

Zip Folder uploaded and "shared".

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello six-h,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
six-h
New Contributor I

Just an update, the newly installed DSA has generated two update notifications (Duplicates I think) for what I suspect is the same driver which my system has already rejected:-

Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 for NUC6i5SY, NUC6i3SY

Description:
This download installs the Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for the Intel® NUC Kits NUC6i5SY and NUC6i3SY.
Version:
x.x.x.6519
Release date:
February 14, 2019
Size:
330.16 MB

Ignoring the notifications whilst you examine the data transmitted yesterday.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello six-h,

Thanks for the information. I will take it into consideration for my investigation.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello six-h,

I noticed that on your latest post, it mentioned that the driver suggested is x.x.x.6519. However, as per previous information, the driver recommended by the Intel® DSA was 30.0.101.1339.

Could you confirm which driver version the Intel® DSA is asking you to update?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
six-h
New Contributor I

That is correct, the information was copied and pasted from the web page that the DSA opened, ...twice!

It, (the DSA) has just this minute popped up another notification screenshot attached with insert of Device manager and current Driver details :-

DSA driver suggestion vs current driver.JPG

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello six-h,

I appreciate the information provided.

I will continue with my research about your issue. I will reach you once I have a response.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
six-h
New Contributor I

Another update advised half an hour ago, exactly the same driver!

0 Kudos
six-h
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
six-h
New Contributor I

and yet again!

Joan, are you making any progress with this dratted piece of software?

Should I perhaps just delete it and save myself the constant annoyance of these notifications to install out of date drivers?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello six-h,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

I noticed that the driver 25.20.100.6519, the driver suggested by the Intel® DSA, is the latest recommended for your Intel Nuc. The Intel® DSA is offering the correct driver you should update.

Keep in mind that there are customized drivers for the Intel® NUC; on the other hand, there are generic ones. So, if the other version (30.0.101.1339) was updated manually, that's why the Intel® DSA is requesting version 25.20.100.6519.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos