Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20815 Discussions

Drivers for graphics Intel GMA 3600/3650 - when?

idata
Employee

Hi,

For last 4 months since new mainboards premiere there is no graphics drivers for Microsoft XP OS.

Our client ask about support to XP for new Intel products D2500CCE and DN2800MT.

Why it is so long? How is it possible to send products with no proper software support?

Beta version drivers available somewhere?

110 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello everybody,

a new driver for XP is out

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3382&DwnldID=21902&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+NM10+Chipset+Family+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Desktop+Board+DN2800MT&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng Download Center

I quote

Limitations:

============

- Hardware acceleration for 3D graphics is limited to pure DX9.

DX7 "fixed function" features are not supported and use will

result in image distortion or error messages.

- Hardware accelerated video decode is not supported. Software

decode is supported per the Technical Product Spec.

I don't understand the implication in the second part. Can we still hope for a better (ready made) driver?

Marco, if you intend to update your driver, I will be very pleased to get it.

The ASUS 1025c are N2800 and gma 3650, screen resolution is 1024x600.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

OK, but it will be this weekend, if I can grab the netbook: it's my ex-wife work lappy and tomorrow and Friday I'm busy. If you're in a hurry, I can give you the old one tomorrow.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Marco,

thanks for your help. No I'm not in a hurry, I'm very grateful.

I find it difficult to understand the 128 page long document about how to make the driver (too technical for my computer knoweldge), I tried the short version (in the download center link) but I end up with a black screen.

Marco, do you set manually the screen resolution, the refresh rate ... when you configure the driver?

There's also a choice of "readable port name", what's the diffenece between the 2 types of HDMI?

Nicoxp

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I tested the driver version 1.15, from what I understand some of the parameters are taken from the monitor EDID block (if readable). I tested it on an Aspire One D270, and the result is not much better! Jerks, I returned to the Windows standard VGA... For me no difference between this version and 1.12...

maybe it will work better with intel motherboards, I wonder if everything does not depend on the bios after all ... (maybe)

It is clear that this development kit is for advanced users who are familiar with the components, response time, LCD matrices. Since even the backlight is controlled by the driver, you must enter the response time in the fields T1 to T5 in a certain place. All this is possible if you know A to Z, your hardware ... I think a lot of people who bought this type of material that will return to the direct competitor of Intel ... AMD, and I wonder if this is not what I think so, if by the end of the year! if there is no solution! Because we should not be fooled! intel change to something else, and leave many among us in trouble with equipment "sold unfinished" (what I think) ! I am very disappointed ...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the update Walternate! So I guess you still cant adjust the brightness in the D270, is that correct?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi George

Reread my previous comment, I updated, and to answer @ your question, unfortunately not ... no backlight control. You must fill in the fields T1 to T5 in the selection box Flat panel settings. (if you know)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Can we do something to recieve this drivers? Send e-mails? organize a demonstration? xD

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes we can! It is our duty to prove to intel or else we are not vulgar consumer compulsive, I do not want to feel forced to abandon a product under the pretext that there is no driver for a particular OS ! Each of us is free to follow or not a recent OS ... I personally think that for every recent material, there must be a driver, regardless of OS time run, I do not ask a driver for Win 3.x but for XP. In my case, Windows 7 is heavy for this small system and remains effective in XP. Would require us to pay independent developers for a suitable driver optimized to use the hardware? Certainly not, because that would not be allowed! Licensing problem, right, and co ... this is pathetic as usual! Go intel! assume!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have a Lenovo s110 and I use 2 OS : XP for work, and seven for multimedia, even with drivers on windows 7 I have many problems with video

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

George, I'll be honest, I haven't even downloaded the manual. I run the driver package builder as a complete ignorant, selecting and writing whatever I felt OK and I found my way to the end of that "wizard". It produced an executable which I could run and which installed the driver. I'm sure the driver is not perfect (again, I can't resume from hibernation and who knows if it's involved in the internal MIC not working as a record source - it can only be diverted to the loudspeaker straight), but there wasn't so much choice of parameters, anyway. It had 1024x600 resolution as I wanted and apparently all the other controls you need in the resolution properties Advanced section. I can't recall my choices, now, but I think, for example, frequency parameters aren't relevant/available for LCD screens. I don't have to care about HDMI and other stuff. You were probably expecting something more technically tuned

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Marco:Thanks for the update Marco!

No I wasn't expecting a techie reply...Thanks anyways

@Everyone: Thanks to everyone on this forum for their time,patience and inputs !!! ...

@Intel: Its been exasperating for an end user to be spending quite so many number of hours playing around as a beta tester for Intel and trying to unravel whether their graphics software works or not under XP...checking hack drivers, using 3150 drivers,etc,etc..and potentially risking my system...

In the better interests of my eyes which are sensitive to bright light (no I dont wear glasses and have perfect vision..) I am not going to waste more time straining them by trying the permutations and combinations game...downgrading from win7 to XP and the myraid problems associated ...I am not keen on using win7 so I sold off my Acer Aspire One D270...For those who are ok using a D270, you can get 4GB Ram working in a D270 but it only shows up with 3GB under XP...Now I have to sell my 4GB Kingston Ram.... Time waste, Money waste, all becoz Intel put out an unfinished product in the market and setup its users with a piece of @$# % that they knew didnt work properly...I still like netbooks but will continue using one that supports XP...

Cheerio!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Intel... All my desktops and laptops were always Intel-based, because of it's really cool quality, performance and support. That's why I bought Acer D270 on Atom 2600 + GMA 3600. But... I'm really disappointed now, I'm simply can't use my netbook normally. Please, give us some information about 2D\3D acceleration support in drivers for this chip... It's been a really long time since it released... Terrible software support... You are losing our respect, guys

idata
Employee

+1 to the author's post.

Dear members of Intel company, when are you going to introduce the GMA 3600 XP drivers? Not a toolkit but a real working driver? I'm tired of your promises. I'm using Intel devices for 15 years, so I couldn't even imagine the possibility of such a poor support of one of your devices! If nothing happens and no drivers appear, unfortunately I will also turn my attention to other reliable chip companies.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I've given up XP for Lubuntu (Linux), I noticed that Linux "installed" the GMA 500 driver for my netbook "1025C" which has a GMA 3650. The driver is stable, I have the correct resolution, I'm able to adjust the brightness...

I haven't tested the VGA or HDMI output, but have read they both work. I'm quite happy with Linux, and don't have the intention to go back to XP at present but if there was a driver I would install XP as my third OS on it.

If anyone is ready to take the risk in trying this driver in XP, please let me know the results. You'll have to force the installation of the driver of course as it is not aimed for this video card. The driver can be downloaded from Intel.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've solved my problem with drivers. Just sold my Acer Aspire D270. For the first time in my practise I'll buy AMD-based netbook instead... Good luck to all, guys... Wish u some patience

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

help me

vga intel gma 3600 acer AOD270

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

zulkifly pakaya wrote:

help me

vga intel gma 3600 acer AOD270

Help you by doing what? What problems are you having or is it just a failure to report the correct amount of memory (ie cosmetic)? As you have proprietary hardware, it'll be up to Acer, the OEM to release any Graphics related BIOS updates and customised drivers (should changes be required from the norm for your hardware).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

vga not normal, run flash games just is not good

I've been using the latest drivers and bios

and I have complaint to the acer, but did not get a good answer

0 Kudos
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

zulkifly pakaya wrote:

I have complaint to the acer, but did not get a good answer

Then get back to them and have a second (or third etc) attempt until you do get a good answer. Unfortunately driver related problems will need to be dealt with by the OEM or Intel on their behalf as it's not something were regular end users can go out and develop a new graphics card driver to suit. About the best you could try would be to ensure the drivers are correctly installed (eg by uninstalling and reinstalling them if necessary) and see what settings you can configure in them that may make a difference to your 'VGA not normal' problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You can find the unofficial driver http://www.4shared.com/zip/JIZnHKCV here. I connected external monitor and it's working successfully after some playing with the settings in Display Properties.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

point1, thank you! it's really works.

0 Kudos