Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21277 Discussions

Drivers not downloading in Intel Driver and Support Assistant website.

RickEzely
Beginner

When I try to update the drivers from Intel DSA, it just says "Starting" and "0%" repeatedly. I already restarted my machine, but it doesn't work. Please help me.

BTW sorry for the grammatical error.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @RickEzely

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

The download percentage stuck when downloading in Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) appears as a result of potential feature upgrades, customizations, or other modifications made to the graphics driver software or software packaging by the computer manufacturers (OEM) and how the OEMs might have configured their system to match their requirements. 

In this case, please follow these steps to install the graphics driver manually inside the compatible hardware list of the integrated Intel graphics:

1. Open the Device Manager: right-click the Windows Start icon. Select Device Manager to open it.
  2. Double-click on Display Adapters to expand it and right-click the Intel Graphics device.
  3. Click Update driver.
  4. Select Browse my computer for drivers.
  5. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
  6. Select the specific driver version for your Intel graphics driver (for instance, 31.0.101.2111).
  7. Select the driver version and click Next to install.
  8. Reboot the system.
  9. Check the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) if it says up to date or you may also check it in Device Manager under Display Adapters driver version if it is up to date.

If step 6 above will not show the latest driver version, follow these steps for manual installation of Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers: 

1. Install all the available Windows Updates and the optional updates for Intel system and drivers.
  2. Download the Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers.
  3. Run the installer program and make sure that the "Execute clean installation" checkbox is selected.
  4. Click the "Optional reboot" button to restart the system when the installation has been successfully completed.
  5. Check the Intel® DSA if it says up to date or you may also check it in Device Manager under Display Adapters driver version if it is up to date.

Please let us know the outcome of the steps. If you have additional inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maliph37
Beginner

Hello , I had the same problem on my laptop computer. I tried downloading and installing a graphics driver and it downloads to 50% and starts again at 0%. I followed these steps and it fixed my issue, don't forget to click ***Refresh Results*** in Intel® Driver & Support Assistant after the issue is resolved.

STEP :

1. Open the Device Manager: right-click the Windows Start icon. Select Device Manager to open it.
  2. Double-click on Display Adapters to expand it and right-click the Intel Graphics device.
  3. Click Update driver.
  4. Select Browse my computer for drivers.
  5. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
  6. Select the specific driver version for your Intel graphics driver (for instance, 31.0.101.2111).
  7. Select the driver version and click Next to install.
  8. Reboot the system.
  9. Check the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) if it says up to date or you may also check it in Device Manager under Display Adapters driver version if it is up to date.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Maliph37

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We are glad to know that the steps provided helped to solve the issue.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @RickEzely

We have an update regarding this matter. The issue with some downloads offered by Intel® DSA not downloading is resolved. This was due to a change in Microsoft BITS infrastructure that impacted the way Intel® DSA downloaded drivers.

Our Intel® DSA team has implemented a fix on our end to handle this change and the latest Intel® DSA version released on October 14, 2022, should resolve this.

Please check in Intel® DSA settings for version 22.6.42.2 (it should silently update to the latest version).

We have also added a new pinned post to the Graphics Community regarding this.

If you have any other inquiries or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello RickEzely

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Maliph37
Beginner

Hello, Thank you for your help, the problem has been solved. I don't need any other support at this time. Thanks

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello RickEzely

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.