Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20666 Discussions

Error message: "Application blocked from accessing graphics hardware"

Irtaza
Beginner

When I try to use my laptop's camera for making videos or try other applications that use the graphics card, my screen gets blank for a while (I could see and move the mouse pointer sometimes) and then turns on after that I get an error message saying : " *name of the application* has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.". Some time the screen goes blank and comes back many times before showing the error message. I've tried many solutions like reinstalling my windows and graphic drivers and a ton of other things from the internet but it just won't work. My Laptop's diagnostics tool tells that there is no problem with the graphics card itself, intel's troubleshooter told the same thing. I hope I'll find a solution here. 😊

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Check in Windows Settings > Privacy > Camera if the access to the camera is enabled. See the attached image for an example.

Leon

PrivacyCamera.jpgPrivacyCamera_2.jpg

0 Kudos
Irtaza
Beginner

The access is enabled.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Irtaza,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the troubleshooting that you have completed, and the component that you have issues with, our strongest recommendation will be to get in touch with your laptop manufacturer to determined along with them, the reason why their camera is triggering these issues; unfortunately, on our end, we don’t have any drivers for it or any tools to diagnose any issues with it specifically; therefore, the support for it should only be provided by the manufacturer who customized it and integrated it into their design.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos