Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Error opening Intel Graphics Settings

EOrlo
Beginner

When I open the Intel graphics settings from the desktop, the error Gfxv4) 0.exe pops up - No entry point was found, or the error indicated in the screenshot

With description: The entry point to the fatBinaryCtl procedure was not found in the DLL C: \ Windows \ system32 \ nvopend.dll. (Moreover, he is not present in the processes, that is, he does not eat memory at all)

I tried to clean the registry, install new drivers, Install .Net Farmework, through the configurator turned off all processes, scanned the computer with antivirus (Norton)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

"I tried to clean the registry"

I wish users would not do this. What makes you think it was a dirty registry? What makes you think doing this would help? By doing this, you have compounded the problem. I have NEVER seen a registry cleaner improve a PC, but I have seen them BREAK PCs quite often.

Since there is no way to determine the state of your PC, my recommendation is a fresh install of Windows 10, or to do a Windows 10 "Reset". Drastic? No, this is the only way to start with a known base. And, when you are back up and running, NEVER use a registry cleaner again, and get rid of Norton. Use Windows Defender and be done with it.

Doc

0 Kudos
EOrlo
Beginner

Half a year to the computer, nothing could have happened because of cleaning, it's all exactly Windows 10, if the warranty had ended, Windows 8.1 would have already been installed long ago. Your message did not help me at all ...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

That is exactly how registry cleaning problems occur - after some time when you think everything is OK.

Do the fresh install or the reset.

And, stop using registry cleaners. They are 100% worthless.

Doc

0 Kudos
Max44
Beginner

The following is the most common solution to this issue:

Click on Start > Settings > Apps & Features.

Locate and uninstall the Intel® Graphics Control Panel and Intel® Graphics Driver.

Apps & features

Restart the computer.

Right-click on the start menu and go to Device Manager.

Click on Display Adapters.

Right-click on the Intel® HD Graphics Adapter and click on Update Driver.

Note: If no previous driver is found the device appears as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Update Driver

Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.

Search automatically for updated driver software

Windows Update will automatically search for, download, and install the latest graphics driver validated for your computer.

If the issue persists, Contact Intel Support.

0 Kudos