Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20839 Discussions

Experiencing drop frames on Youtube/Twitch videos, or scrolling pages

Flamio
New Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some issues with (I suppose) my integrated graphic card. The issues are present only in the battery mode. In the last 3 days i've noticed that when i watch Youtube Videos or Twitch, or when a scroll pages in the comments or any page of browsers I experience freezing, or losing frames (it's like a 0.5/1 sec block of the video, while the audio continues). This is not browser related (i've used Chrome, Firefox, Edge; chache and cookie cleaned, etc.). In those days the only new drivers installed was the NVIDIA last one, and some Windows updates. One thing I did was to restore the PC to the 20/06 but the issue was still there, same lags/freeze; I'm sure it was not present at that time. 

I've tried to disable "Hardware Acc." on Chrome/Edge and this helped: i started experiencing lose of frames more frequently but way less frame (1,2 frames every 0.1sec), but still, the problem is there. I noticed that the browsers are controlled by the Intel UHD Graphics (27.20.100.8280), that's why i think that it's related to the integrated graphic card. Why did this start to happen in the last days? 

Also, one month ago I tried to update the drivers of the integratedGPU as the Intel Software advised me, but my pc started experiencing really bad issues, so i restored the basic one.

What can I do?

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 i7-10750H, NVIDIA RTX 3060

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
Flamio
New Contributor I

Hello @DeividA_Intel,

Ok, i'll wait for updates then

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Flamio, 

I would like to let you know that when a device is unplugged the laptop tries everything to save battery. More specifically it throttles down both the CPU and GPU to save power. If you have a dedicated GPU it switches to the integrated graphics processor instead of the high-performance dedicated GPU. Is it possible that the Laptop is designed to do this switch automatically? I did not find information on the ACER website, the best is to confirm with them.

Also, based on the research a possible solution could be to change the power plan to "Prefer Maximum Power", but I recommend you get in contact with Acer to discuss how to manage/change the power settings and update your system using the drivers from Acer. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

Hi @DeividA_Intel ,

I've already tried to switch the performance of the iGPU (Intel HUD Graphic) to High performance: still, the problem occurs. It may be a conflict started to occur later, not the first day. That's very strange. 

I'll try to get in contact with ACER, I did not receive any answers from their forum

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Flamio, 

If you have performed all the troubleshooting steps recommended, the next steps would be to get in contact with Acer. If Acer does not respond over the forums, it would be a good idea to get in contact with them directly (phone, chat).

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,   

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos