Recently I bought an Asus Vivobook 15 x510ur-bq167t laptop. It has a 7500U 2.7GHz Intel HD 620 i7 processor and a geforce gtx 930mx video card. I have been having problems connecting it with hdmi cable to a secondary monitor. It seems to me that there is a compatibility problem between the laptop and the monitor LG 25" ultrawide model 25UM58-P. The monitor works perfectly connected to other devices, be it another laptop or computer, but when connected by cable with mine or my brother's laptop( also an vivobook x510ur-bq167t bought at the same time) it presents oscillations and sporadic signal losses on the LG monitor.All drivers and BIOS are updated, downloaded directly from the asus website. I already changed all kinds of configuration to try to solve the problem, also changed the cable, but without success. Is there anything that can be done?
Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team, AlexandreMass. I will be more than glad to assist you.
In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with a DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps to generate it:
1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).
4. Attach the .txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
In addition, please take a screenshot of the NVIDIA* control panel, 3D settings by right-clicking on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel > Click Manage 3D settings in Select a Task and, attach a screenshot of that to your post.
Thank you very much for that information, AlexandreMass.
Let us try the following:
Switch between the Intel® HD Graphics and the NVIDIA* graphics controller to determine which is causing the issue, in order to do so, please follow these steps:
1. Right-click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Click Manage 3D settings in Select a Task.
3. Select your desired software from the Select a program to customize drop-down list on the Program settings tab.
4. Select the High-performance NVIDIA processor from the Select the preferred graphics processor for this program drop-down list.
5. Click Apply.
Test your system with this configuration and verify if the flicker is presented. Then, on step 4, instead of choosing High-performance NVIDIA processor, select Integrated Graphics and check if the flickering is presented.
Please let me know with which of the two controllers the issue occurs.