Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20943 Discussions

FPS is horrible at all times on my PC

John_David1
Novice

Hello, I have had a pre build pc for about 3 years now. Around a year and a half ago my PC would randomly start giving up in the middle of the day with its fps going from 200 constant to 10-40. I would then restart my pc and it would say the CPU temp is to high. I would then have to turn off my pc and wait around 5 minutes before turning it back on and it would be fine for a while. Recently this started to happen more often. I downloaded some softwares and ran some checks. Around 90% of the time my CPU will be maxed out at 100c. However this does not mean it would immediately run poorly. Usually if I tab out of a game there is a 20% chance it will throttle my fps until I turn it off. I recently took the glass off and checked to make sure everything was working that I knew to check. My water cooling pump is working with one tube warm and the other cool. There is thermal paste on the cpu and all of the fans are working fine. I don't know what else to check as when I got home today my pc immediately started running at 15 frames even with nothing open and just dragging around a chrome tab is torture so obviously I cant play any games. If anyone has any idea of what could be throttling my fps in all games that would be greatly appreciated.

Also I don't know why but after a couple restarts my cpu temp is stable in the mid 50c but my fps is still horrible with a max of 10 in games so I don't know at this point.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello John_David1

We noticed this is a duplicate topic of your other thread with the title "I9 10900k Overheating", please continue to post on the original thread since you continued to get support from that thread. In order to prevent duplicate efforts we will be closing this one. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
John_David1
Novice

Hello Hugo O.

I posted this copy of my other ticket because I have already talked with someone in the processors category and they told me to put my ticket here since my problem is FPS and you all would know better. I understand not wanting copies but I have already ended my conversation with them after checking everything with my CPU and determining that it is probably not the cause.

If you could just give me your thoughts as to what could be wrong or give me some next steps that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos