Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20759 Discussions

Flashback in game Detroit Becomes Human

FIKI
Novice

Hello, I have a problem with the game "Detroit Becomes Human", I am using an Arc A770 graphics card, the latest driver (31.0.101.5445), I can play the game before, and in some scenes there will be frame drops and stuttering, but now I can't enter the game, and there will be a flashback. Can this be solved, and if so, how can I help you solve it?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello FIKI, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. From the video, I can see visible stuttering. I would like to ask, are there any changes that you have made in your system before this issue occurred? I am asking this because I noticed you mention you were able to play the game before. You may also share with us your SSU logs so we can be more familiar with your system configuration. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
FIKI
Novice

Hello, I have not made any changes to the system, I have disabled system updates, and I have only updated the drivers. Here is my SSU log.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, FIKI.

Thank you for your response. I've noticed your mention of being able to play the game previously without any issues, but now experiencing frame drops and stuttering in certain scenes, with the inability to even enter the game now. I'd like to know if you could recall the specific scenes where you encountered frame drops and stuttering issues. The reason for this inquiry is that upon our investigation, we found community threads with similar issues in Detroit: Become Human, particularly when entering the chapter "From the Dead", and the users reported using the same GPU. They managed to resolve the issue by performing a clean installation of the graphics driver with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and installing the latest driver version 31.0.101.5522. If you would like to attempt this solution, you can follow the steps outlined in this article: How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver.

Additionally, during the game's flashbacks, have you noticed any error messages? If so, please send us screenshots of these errors for further analysis.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
FIKI
Novice

Hello, I have used the DDU tool to uninstall the driver and reinstall it, but I still enter the game and crash. The game chapter where the crash occurs is: Escape. (My reply was translated using translation software, please forgive me for any inaccuracies!)

0 Kudos
FIKI
Novice

The game doesn't prompt any error messages, just crashes

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, FIKI.

Thank you for your response. I understand that you're still experiencing crashes in the game despite using the DDU tool to uninstall and reinstall the driver. Since the game crashes without any error messages during the "Escape" chapter, we recommend updating your Windows system to the latest version. For installation steps, please contact Microsoft.

Additionally, could you please share your current game settings? This will help us replicate the issue if needed.

Please let us know if these steps resolve the issue or if you encounter any difficulties so we can further investigate and provide the most accurate resolution to fix this issue.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos