Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Flickering Screen Intrl HD graphics 530

RDArc
Beginner

I have a hp pavilion gaming 15-ak112nl notebook with i7 6700HQ and gtx 950m

The drivers of the dedicated video card are updated.

The drivers for the intel hd 530 graphics card are 21.20.16.4542

I have the problem of flickering the intermittent screen.

Is the problem with the intel driver?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Try drivers from this list https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88345/Intel-HD-Graphics-530 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 530

Select OS from right pull-down menu. Hit "show more".

To bypass message "best driver is already installed", "customized computer manufacturer driver" or "computer is not validated" install driver via have disk method as described at:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface (ignore prolog about MS surface)

NB current drivers for Windows 10 require anniversary update or newer

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Ibernato.

I was monitoring this thread and I agree with the steps provided by Stefan3D, were you able to perform them?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
RDArc
Beginner

Hi @Intel Corporation,

The problem no longer occurs.

In case it occurs again I will try to update the drivers.

Are there any flickering issues with the Intel HD 530 driver version 21.20.16.4542?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Ibernato.

Thank you very much for your reply.

It is really good to hear that your issue is not showing anymore, in the case that the problem persists, do not hesitate to post it here.

Regarding the question you have about the 4542 graphics drivers: these flickering issues were fixed in the driver's previous versions so, there might be some flickering reports but the fix was already provided with other versions.

Antony S.
0 Kudos