Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

GTA 5 lag !

ABino2
Beginner

My pc details are attached below. GTA5 lags or stutters after a while.There is no lag or anything when playing for the first 5 min but after i cannot play anything.I have tried many tweaks.My other desktop has only 4gb ram and a intel pentium g620 processor ,when i searched the internet it showing mine is far better than the desktop specs but it runs very smoothly .Please help me!..Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello ABino2, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

To better assist you I would like to confirm some information from you:

• Do you experience this behavior with other games?

After checking the report attached I would like to share with you the following website Intel – Gameplay

Where you can check all games that are fully validated to work with your specific processor and integrated graphics.

After checking for the game “Grand Theft Auto V” we can see that the game is not validated for the hardware specifications.

I would recommend, as this is a laptop to check with your OEM for the latest Graphics Drivers/hardware limitations and also to verify with the game developer for the recommended specs for this game in specific.

Where to Get an Intel HD Graphics Driver for an OEM Product

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
ABino2
Beginner

Oh okay! Thank you for your reply.But im not getting lags for other games like max payne 3,far cry new dawn etc...And one thing im able to play this game without zero lag for the first 5 or 10 min and then the lags starts and it freezes the laptop ,so i need to turn off it using the power button.And i said earlier my desktop has a crappy processor but it is able to run it smoothly and my drivers and windows are fully updated. Is there any other ways ?

I am attaching the benchmarks of the desktop vs laptop below

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-G620-vs-Intel-Core-i5-8250U/m2636vsm338266

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello ABino2, 

Thank you for your response.

Another thing to take in consideration is to make sure that the game is updated, please check with the game developed for the appropriate patches if possible.

Please keep in mind that as this is a laptop, you need to make sure that all the components are supported by the game to work properly. For example your system must have enough physical memory for the operating system, for the game or the application, and for the graphics memory that this game or application requires, also some games are better optimized to work with a discrete graphics card.

I would recommend checking with them to make sure that the game is fully supported for your laptop specifications.

Please check the following article about How can I fix stuttering issues while gaming?

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos