Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21074 Discussions

Gameplay.intel.com - Recommended game settings to improve the gaming experience on Intel Graphics

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Intel has just launched a brand new Web page called https://gameplay.intel.com/ Gameplay.intel.com which provides lab tested in-game optimizations to improve the experience on Intel Graphics. When you install a new game on an Intel Graphics-only system, the experience may not be as great as it could be. Specifically, you may be able to dial up the frame rate and details or even play a game you did not think possible. With the in-game optimizations, the gaming experience on Intel Graphics will be improved. It is Intel's goal to improve opportunities for gamers to find optimizations to enable better gameplay.

We hope you enjoy it!

48 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Clint.O,

Thank you for your feedback. I had escalated your results to my manager. Hopefully the next graphics driver will fix the issue.

Regards,

Miguel C
0 Kudos
RAugu
Beginner

Hello @mikec i am trying it now but i think it is the same file other admin/TI guy give me so, if not work what i have to do??

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RenanAugusto,

It seems the game has a resolution limitation, 800x600 is not supported. The maximum resolution for 5th generation Intel® Core™ U processors are:

DisplayPort* 1.2 / eDP*: 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz

HDMI*: 4096 x 2304 and 3840 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 24bpp

DVI: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

More details at

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/quick-reference-guide-to-intel-processor-graphics Quick Reference Guide for Intel® Core™ Processor Graphics | Intel® Developer Zone

The maximum resolution on laptop depends of system manufacturer.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
RAugu
Beginner

there is no limitation on this game.. its simples realy, win 8 your intel hd graphics 5500 works fine and win10 don't.. but win8 make computer slow so i move to 10 and now i can't play full screen... and if i use 16:9 it make my game horrible like.. 800x600 i always use and never show any trouble using it and it runs with 150+ fps.

16:9 = 40~50fps so.. i hope you guys can fix it for me and a lot other players.
0 Kudos
HRigt
Beginner

DOOM, the new game by id Software / Bethesda, does not run on my brand new NUC6 i5. The reason according to Bethesda is that the Iris graphics series does not support the newest OpenGL version in the drivers.

According to the official specs the game only runs on nVidia or AMD graphic cards.

This is unacceptable for me. I expect that Intel will work on resolving this as soon possible?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hrigteri,

I reviewed the game requirements and it is necessary to use a high end graphics card. It requires at least a graphics card with 2GB of dedicated memory and 8GB of RAM.

Doom (2016) requirements:

http://gamesystemrequirements.com/game/doom-2016 DOOM (2016) System Requirements - System Requirements

Intel® NUC Kits are low power consumption devices; with the advantage of running many applications with a very good experience. NUCs graphics share the memory with the system; it can take a maximum of 1GB of memory.

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
RScha7
Beginner

Hi folks,

I am also looking forward to play DOOM 2016 with my HD 530,

Wolfenstein The Old Blood ->ID 5 Engine runs realy great

with the HD 530

MY RIG https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GE72-6QF-Apache-Pro.html# hero-overview:// https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GE72-6QF-Apache-Pro.html# hero-overview://

got DDR4 RAM and new Skylake so the ram ist fast enough and it should be theortical able to do the work.

I know my 970m will deal easy with the game, but i love the fact my Igpu runs realy smooth on most games with great fps for ex. Heroes of the Storm, Starwars the OLD REPUBLIC, Company of Heroes 2 and many more. I prefer the IGPU over my dedicated it produce- lesser noise - lesser heat -Thank you for that awesome work that you do!

Suggestion:

The Site gameplay.intel.com, is a good work but i would prefer to find out, if my Intel RIG is able to play GAME X/Y, based on the engine it uses.

For Example the ID5 engine that runs "Wolfenstein the old Blood", when this game runs well, the Game "RAGE" would/should also run on similar settings well.

Same for Frostbite engine, i guess when battlefield4 runs on settings xy, battlefield Hardline runs on similar settings, too?

Maybe the Setting is not optimzed at all but its often better then games default settings.

i hope you fix the current driver for more stability/preformance or new games like DOOM 2016 soon.=) 720p@lowest settings with 45fps+ would be an awesome target.

regards

n3cron

0 Kudos
r3un1on
New Contributor I

(Doom 2016 Beta version) was playlable on Intel Graphics 530. But Final Version not work.

We need to wait of fixed Driver.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi igpu,

You are correct, Intel is still working on this compatibility issue.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
JJohn37
Beginner

What happened to support for intel HD 4000 graphics, was it dropped because I don't see new driver or support for the so called gameplay.intel.com . If it has please make a sort of announcement/statement, because intel hasn't posted anything, and FIFA 17 says I need the latest driver, but it isn't available.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi johnoth,

Windows 10 update is providing the newer drivers for HD 4000; Intel stopped providing newer graphics drivers for this version of graphics.

The official document about supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products is below:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html

Mike C

0 Kudos
JJohn37
Beginner

SO no FIFA 17 for me well I am on a macbook, worst choice since I'm a gamer, but also not too bad for coding.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi johnoth,

In your case, Apple is in charge to release new drivers.

Mike C

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

Bioshock 1 Remastered on the Intel NUC6i7KYK (Skull Canyon NUC) with Iris Pro 580.

Runs really fine with the following settings:

1920x1080

FXAA

16x AF

TextureDetail, FluidSurfaceDetail, DynamicShadowDetail set to UltraHigh within the "Bioshock.ini"-file

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

My advice for the Bioshock 1 Remastered settings (bioshock.ini file) on a NUC6i5SKY with Iris 540:

LevelOfAnisotropy=16

UseMultithreadedRendering=1

UseVSync=0

UseFxaa=1

TextureDetail=Medium

FluidSurfaceDetail=High

DynamicShadowDetail=Medium

With these settings the game is very playable at 1920x1080 (min FPS at ~35; AVG ~45). If you need more FPS, set TextureDetails to Low and deactivate Fxaa (set to 0).

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Loeschzwerg,

Thank you for your recommendations; I am pretty sure our community members will appreciate your feedback.

Mike C

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

Dirt Rally running on Skull Canyon NUC (NUC6i7KYK; Iris Pro 580)

Settings: 1920x1080, "Medium" preset, no AA

If you want/need FPS above 60, use the "Low" preset

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

Shadow Warrior 1 running on the Intel Skull Canyon NUC (NUC6i7KYK) with Intel Iris Pro 580 graphics.

Very good playable at the following settings:

Resolution "1920x1080"

Anti-Aliasing "None"

Textures "Ultra"

Anisotropic Filtering "4x"

Shadows "High"

Mirrors "Enabled"

Post Processing "Medium"

SSAO "Disabled"

Particles "High"

Physics "Default"

Remains "High"

Foliage and debris "Low"

For more FPS turn down Post Processing and/or Textures one step.

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

Shadow Warrior 2 running on the Intel Skull Canyon NUC (NUC6i7KYK) with Intel Iris Pro 580 graphics.

I play the game at the following settings:

Resolution "1280x720"

Resolution scale "100"

Textures "Ultra"

Anisotropic filtering "4x"

Shadows "Low"

Volumetric Fog "High"

Temporal Anti-Aliasing "Yes"

Lens flare "Yes"

Motion blur "No"

Depth of field "No"

Chromatic Abberation "No"

Film grain "No"

Bloom "Yes"

Subsurface scattering "No"

SSAO "Yes"

Screen space reflections "No"

Particles "Medium"

Remains "Medium"

Foliage and debris "Low"

Level of detail "Low"

Since the latest patch, there was a slight performance boost on minimum FPS, so you can add 1-2 additional FPS when watching my YT video 🙂

@Intel: Are there plans for optimized drivers that make Shadow Warrior 2 run better? I tested v4534 and v4539.

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

Running Crysis 3 on the Skull Canyon NUC (Iris Pro 580) and playing with different settings.

Setting 1: 1920x1080, FXAA, 4x AF, Textures "Low", System Spec "Low" == If you like native fullHD resolution and can live with FPS going down to ~30.

Setting 2: 1366x768, FXAA, 4x AF, Textures "Very High", System Spec "Medium" == If you like more graphical quality on textures/effects and want more FPS than on Setting 1.

Setting 3: 1366x768, FXAA, 4x AF, Textures "Very High", System Spec "Low" == If you need even more FPS than on Setting 2.

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

I retested Doom 2016 with the latest patches and drivers (beta v4539) installed on my Skull Canyon NUC. The Performance slightly improved since beta driver v4474. Less frame drops and min FPS went up ~1-2 frames.

My recommendations:

Setting 1: 1366x768, FXAA (1TX), High Preset == Good image quality and playable (at least for me)

Setting 2: 1280x720, FXAA (1TX), Medium Preset == If you need more FPS to play the game

Feedback on my videos is welcome

0 Kudos