Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20976 Discussions

Gamma Slider in 15.45.10.4542 Driver?

RRoyM
Beginner

Hey,

I recently installed the latest driver for my Intel HD 520, the 15.45.10.4542 driver from Intel's website, and noticed the gamma slider under the display properties is gone, and I can't find it anywhere else. Any insight on how to adjust the gamma on this driver would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello CalculatedRisk,

In regard to your concern at the following link, you will be able to see the steps of how to adjust the gamma settings:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000006944.html Video Files and DVDs Gamma and Brightness Settings (This article applies for Intel® HD Graphics 520 for 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors)

Please let me know if the previous information was able to solve your matter.

Best regards,

Angie

0 Kudos
AEs1
Beginner

I'm having the exact same problem. Same driver. My graphics card is the intel hd 620.

The default gamma setting is way too high and there is no gamma setting to change that. The solution you provided is massively outdated and doesn't work on ANY of the newer machines with intel chips.

0 Kudos
PradeepNar_R_Intel

This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hi SlimStoner

I understand you are looking for the Gamma feature through the graphics control panel.

Please bear in mind that with Windows® 10, this feature is now part of the operating system.

See the following URL for more information: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/calibrate-monitor-windows-10 How to Calibrate Your Monitor in Windows 10

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Thank you

0 Kudos
RRoyM
Beginner

Hey SlimsStoner,

I was unable to find any gamma settings from within the Intel software or drivers, however, I was able to adjust my gamma settings using a software called "QuickGamma". It allows red, green and blue gamma correction on windows machines, and it works great on my system running windows 10 and an Intel HD 520. Give it a shot and see if it fixes your problems. I use Lagom.nl for display calibration.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CalculatedRisk,

I would like to know if the information provided to you was able to solve your concern?

In case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to reply back.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Angie.
0 Kudos
RRoyM
Beginner

Hello Angie,

Sorry for the late reply. Your link unfortunately does not apply to the newer Intel chipsets and drivers. I was able to find a workaround using a software called QuickGamma, which allows me to independently change the red, green and blue gamma settings for my display. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Angie,

Thank you a lot for your reply.

I am glad to know that you were able to find a solution to your concern.

I will keep this thread handy for a future answer.

Best regards,

Angie

0 Kudos