Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

God of War - Performance Issues

boazvdw
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to play GoW, but it's near unplayable. Depending on what direction I'm facing I'll go from 70-100fps to 30 or lower. I tried switching to DXVK which improved stability slightly, but it's still unplayable. Is there anything I can do to make it a bit less painful to play?

Specs:

Driver version: 31.0.101.3975

Mobo: Asus Hero VIII
GPU: Arc A770
CPU: Ryzen 5600X
RAM: 32GB 3200MHz
Re-Bar: Enabled

0 Kudos
5 Replies
boazvdw
Beginner

Attaching my SSU log.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel

Hi @boazvdw

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you, I'll do my best to help you get this fixed.  In order to help you please provide me with the following information: 

• When did the issue start? Were there any recent changes?  
  • Did you have any other graphics cards installed previously? 
  • Are you using a straight cable into the port or are you using any type of adapter or docking station?  
  • Please run a graphics report following this article, especially Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC) 
  •  Have you tried the previous driver .3959: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/762922/gfx_win_101.3959.exe

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel

Hi @boazvdw

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel

Hi @boazvdw

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel

Hi @boazvdw

Thank you for your time. We have been able to reproduce the issue and a bug report has been filed with our driver debug team, bug ID 14017239624. We can't promise any particular outcome or ETA for a fix but rest assured that we are investigating this issue and working hard to improve performance with this game. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos