Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

Granblue Fantasy: Relink - Iris(R) Xe Graphics

AAkrii
Beginner

I have this issue where a graphical glitch occurs whenever there are bright lights or shadows present in the game. Other games do not have this issue, but some previous games I played had some graphical glitches but not as severe as this one; as I am completely unable to see what is going on in the screen to a comical extent as seen in the screenshots attached. 

Here are some specifications:

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Model: Vivobook_ASUSLaptop X3500PA_K3500PA

CPU Brand: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11300H @ 3.10GHz

Driver: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
DirectX Driver Name: igdumdim32.dll
Driver Version: 31.0.101.5186
DirectX Driver Version: 31.0.101.5186
Driver Date: 1 18 2024
OpenGL Version: 4.6

Not too sure if it is due to the game or the drivers on my system. Please help me out! 
Thank you!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
vedo
Beginner
While I dont have a solution, I have a friend who wants this game but wont purchase it because he isnt sure how well will his laptop handle it, and he has the same gpu as you. In what resolution do you run the game, and what framerate and temperatures (if you can monitor those) do you get?
0 Kudos
AAkrii
Beginner
Hi! Sorry for the late reply, wasn't at home due to the festivities happening around me.

While I didn't really manage to check temperatures, I tun the game in the lowest settings possible.

While my standards are not high at all since I never had a high end setup, the frames would probably be around 20 for the lowest, 27-28 as the average frames, while the highest was 30 frames consistently and might fluctuate from area to area in the game.
0 Kudos
AAkrii
Beginner
I should also mention that I don't open up any other things in the background...

While I have around 100 hours into the game already despite the graphical glitches, it is still a great experience for fans of the series~

Well, Steam's refund policy is rather lax so your friend could definitely download it and try it out.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello AAkrii,

Thank you so much for posting in our Intel communities.

We understand that you are having an issue with your game as there are glitches showing on your display.

In order for me to isolate the issue and provide you with the best solution, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue start?
  • Was the game working fine before?
  • Have you changed anything on the system that led to the issue?
  • Is Granblue Fantasy the only game that is having an issue?
  • If you have taken any steps to fix this issue before contacting us, please give me those details so we don't repeat any unnecessary steps.

By the way, upon checking the game system requirements, it appears that the minimum requirement for the graphics is to have 1 GB of memory, and upon checking, Intel Iris XE seems to only have 68 GB/s.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AAkrii
Beginner
Hi Carmona!

Sorry for the late reply! As the game is rather recent, I've had the issue the moment I launched the game.
No system changes were ever done during my time playing the game.
As for now, Granblue Relink is the only game with this issue.
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Vedo,

We are checking in with you on the game glitch issue we are having in case you have any additional queries or require further explanation. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello AAkrii,

Thank you so much for the response.

Please follow the steps provided in the links below for a possible solution.

By the way, upon checking the game system requirements, it appears that the minimum requirement for the graphics is to have 1 GB of memory, and upon checking, Intel Iris XE seems to only have 68 GB/s.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello AAkrii,

We are checking in with you on the glitching issue we are having in case you have any additional queries or require further explanation. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello AAkrii,

We are checking in with you on the glitching issue that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  AAkrii,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
svalu
Beginner

This is just a useless answer.

After playing the game, review the errors and update the driver.

The only excuse is that you don't want to do it.

0 Kudos
AAkrii
Beginner

I might be two months late, but I just found a solution. 
I understand how it feels, given how ive been playing for so long and only just found this out now. 

https://youtu.be/-PCGksZmB5k?si=8f0xShmtA8e0Bd4g

I hope you enjoy. 

0 Kudos