Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Graphic driver keeps crashing

KFlor1
Beginner

Hi, my new Asus UX305CA UHMI Zen book arrived a couple weeks ago. The graphic driver keeps "crashing" then recovering.

Here is what my system says I have: Intel R HDGraphics 515 : Processor is Intel R Core m3 6Y30 : Direct X runtime 12.0 : Driver version 20.19.15.4285

I downloaded the intel utility for updates...but it never shows any graphic drivers needing update.

when it "crashes" the error says: intel hd graphic driver for Win 8 (R) has stopped working or recovered.

does this mean I have a Win8 driver?

can someone point me to the correct driver to install and do I have to uninstall the old one first ?

Many thanks~~~Kelly

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KFlor1
Beginner

It came installed with Win10

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, BayfieldBunch:

Have you tested your system with the VGA driver Version V20.19.15.4300?

This version is newer, so it could include a fix for that.

Here you can find this driver, just make sure you select Windows 10*.

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ASUS-ZenBook-UX305CA/HelpDesk_Download/ ASUS ZenBook UX305CA | Notebooks | ASUS Global

Is this happening with an specific software? Do you have the latest revision/version of that software? or are you able to test with different versions?

I look forward to your outcome.

Regards,

Esteban C

KFlor1
Beginner

Thank you, I'm downloading that VGA right now.

I seem to remember reading that you are suppose to delete the old one first?? but I am hesitant to do that. Will just download new one and see how it goes....

0 Kudos
KFlor1
Beginner

I downloaded that new version, still crashing.... says Win 8 (R)

should it not be a Win 10 driver? I did not delete old driver before downloading new...is that a problem ?

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, BayfieldBunch:

It would be better to select the check mark while uninstalling the driver to remove software related.

Please refer to the screenshot below and advise me with your outcome.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos