Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Graphics Card Driver UHD Graphics 630

gavin35
Novice

Hi guys,

Hope you can help. I got a new PC custom built a couple of years ago and when I am on certain websites (mainly facebook) some videos disrupt the graphics card and the screen freezes. A message will appear on the bottom right saying application blocked from accessing graphics card. The guy who built the PC is not living in the country anymore so I cannot contact him.

I have tried troubleshooters and looking for answers myself (I'm not very computer savvy) and from what I can gather, because the PC was custom built there are issues updating the driver. Below is a snip of the message. Can anyone shed any light on how I get the correct drivers? I have tried that link where it says contact ASUS or ASUSTek but cannot find the Intel UHD 630 on the dropdown menu

gavin35_0-1610621639025.png

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @gavin35 

1. Please download the latest Intel DCH Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.100.9126 (download the .exe file)

2. Disconnect the internet.

3. Open the Device Manager and open the Display Adapter section.

4. Right mouse click on Intel HD Graphics 630 and then click on Uninstall device. Check the "Delete the driver software..." option.

5. Once the uninstall process finishes, reboot your computer.

6. Check in the Device Manager that you see now Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter in place of Intel's. If not, repeat steps 4 trough 6.

7. Install the previously downloaded Intel DCH Graphics Driver.

9. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.

10 This is the Asus download page for your motherboard. I suggest that you download and update the BIOS to the latest version 2401. Here you may see how to do this.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

gavin35
Novice

Thanks Leon.

File attached

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @gavin35 

1. Please download the latest Intel DCH Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.100.9126 (download the .exe file)

2. Disconnect the internet.

3. Open the Device Manager and open the Display Adapter section.

4. Right mouse click on Intel HD Graphics 630 and then click on Uninstall device. Check the "Delete the driver software..." option.

5. Once the uninstall process finishes, reboot your computer.

6. Check in the Device Manager that you see now Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter in place of Intel's. If not, repeat steps 4 trough 6.

7. Install the previously downloaded Intel DCH Graphics Driver.

9. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.

10 This is the Asus download page for your motherboard. I suggest that you download and update the BIOS to the latest version 2401. Here you may see how to do this.

Leon

0 Kudos
gavin35
Novice

Thanks Leon, I'll give all that a try later!

0 Kudos
gavin35
Novice

Leon I have been trying to get this to work for about 2 years now and it looks like your help has finally got the job done. Thank you so much!

I didn't do the BIOS part though, what exactly does that update? It says I need to back up all my personal files, I have about 6tb of music/movies etc saved on my PC, do I need to back up all these files? Does the BIOS update clear the drives or does it just suggest backing them up in case something goes wrong?

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

The BIOS update in your case improves mainly system stability, compatibility to OS changes and the performance.  The backup is suggested in case that something will go wrong and system become unbootable. The BIOS itself is not affecting the HDD. Any way  without connection with BIOS update, it is crucial to have you a backup for your laptop. You may need it for example if your HDD will fail. There are many free software utilities on net to make backup. I'm using Free Macrium Reflect. You need also for save this backup, some external drive.

Leon

0 Kudos