Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Graphics Driver Not Installing (Stuck)

SChoa
Beginner

I have tried installing new drivers multiple times before as the tool told me I needed to, however every time I eventually give up because it always gets stuck on the same thing. Last night I let it update itself and I woke up to still be on the same thing and I have no idea what to do anymore as they have needed to be updated for quite some time.

It’s stuck on:

Creating Process: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Processor Graphics\uninstall\UninstallVulkanRT.exe

Installing Driver: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 5100

Version: 20.19.15.5063

0 Kudos
12 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

A common issue is the DCH driver packages being unable to uninstall the older, non-DCH driver packages. Use a process like this to fix the issue:

1. D​ownload latest driver package.
  2. Disable Internet access.
  3. From Apps and Features app, uninstall​ current driver package.
  4. Reboot, keeping Internet disabled​.
  5. Install latest driver package.
  6. Reboot.
  7. Reconnect Internet.
  8. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S​

0 Kudos
SChoa
Beginner

Thank you for the reply! I might sound a bit dumb but what do you mean by driver package, and where can I download this from? What do I look for in the Apps & Features part as I see 5 Intel programs but nothing that suggests graphics

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What are the names of the five Intel packages?​

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So what you do is go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/. Then, using the search window (where is says Product Name or keyword), search for Intel Iris Graphics 5100. In the resulting list of packages, choose (click on the blue title for) the topmost entry that supports your version of Windows (7, 8.1 or 10). In the resulting display, download the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the package, depending upon which you have installed.

In the Apps and Features (or Programs and Features, depending upon you version of Windows), applet, you want to uninstall the package labelled Intel Graphics Driver. If you are not seeing a package with this name, then what has likely happened is that, somehow, you have a partially uninstalled package sitting there (and this can hang any subsequent attempt to uninstall it). If you are at this point, with the knowledge level that you have, it is going to be difficult to walk you through it, but let's at least try. Following the process I outlined above, substitute the following for Step 3:

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Click on the entry for Display Adapters to expand the list.
  3. Double-click on the entry for Intel Iris Graphics 5100.
  4. In the resulting Properties display, select the Driver tab.
  5. Click on Uninstall.
  6. In the resulting Confirm Device Uninstall display, check on the box to select to delete the driver software.
  7. Press Ok.

This should uninstall the driver. If it fails, let me know and we'll try to figure out the next step.

...S

0 Kudos
SChoa
Beginner

The 5 intel packages are: Intel(R) Computing Improvement Program

Intel Driver & Support Assistant

Intel Management Engine Components

Intel Management Engine Components

Intel Rapid Storage Technology

I am not sure why there is a duplicate of the engine components. They were both installed on the same day apparently and have the same file size.

Edit: Currently re-installing Graphics 5100 as you said and I'll update soon

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @SChoa​ ,

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. In Device Manager, open Display Adapters
  3. Uninstall currently installed Graphics Driver, check the Delete option. You should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver.
  4. Install the new Graphics Graphics Driver and reboot computer.

Leon

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SChoa,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

Were you able to check LWAKSMAN's post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
SChoa
Beginner

Ah yes apologies. Things did not work, and remained the exact same at the VulkranRT bit.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SChoa,

Thank you for your response.

I would recommend you to try updating the graphics driver manually, please refer to the steps below:

1 - Download the latest graphics driver here

2 - Disconnect the computer from the internet. 

3 - Open device manager and look under "Display Adapters".

4 - Right-click on the Intel ® Graphics adapter and select "Uninstall" until the adapter shows as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. 

5 - Restart the computer and then run the installer downloaded back in step 1. 

6 - When completed, restart your computer once more, reconnect the internet and check to see if the update was done successfully.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SChoa,

Were you able to check my previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SChoa, 

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
Vishal5121
Beginner

After I installing My intel hd driver on my pc windows screen get stuck.can i fix it and how.please help to fix that 

0 Kudos