Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Graphics Driver fails to install - Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

User1591778215569464

I tried finding the latest driver self-installer on intel and it starts off well but when it's trying to Install Driver: IntelR) Display Audio Version: 10.26.0.9 it'll crash and give "The setup program failed to install one of more device drivers. Setup will exit."

I also used the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to locate the most recent drivers I could use and it finds "Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers". It then downloads, tries to install and fails.

What can I do?

Attached follows a DxDiag.txt report with my system info.

Thank you all very much for the help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. This once, download and install your driver manually:
  2. Download the latest Intel Graphics - Windows 10 DCH Drivers Version: 27.20.100.8280 (this is the latest DCH Graphics Driver).
  3. Disconnect the internet.
  4. Right click on currently installed driver (in Device Manager), then click on Uninstall device. Check the "Delete the driver software from this device" option.
  5. Reboot your computer. After finishing uninstalling you should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter.
  6. Now, install previously downloaded driver 26.20.100.8280
  7. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.
  8. FYI, you may have problem because you are running old version of Windows (1809). In order to update your Windows to version 2004, download and run Microsoft Windows Update Assistant.

Leon

0 Kudos
User1591778215569464

Hey Leon, thanks for taking the time to help me out.

I tried your first suggestion and it resulted in the same error, but now my graphics are clunky.

I don't understand why I'd have to update to Windows10 version 2004 if those drivers are said to be compatible with older versions.

Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - Fall Creators Update (1709)(RS3)

Microsoft Windows 10-64 - April 2018 Update (1803)(RS4)

Microsoft Windows 10-64 - October 2018 Update (1809)(RS5)

I am begrudgingly updating Windows to 2004 and will see if that works out any better.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

If you will not have better results with updated Windows, you may very easy downgrade it back to previously installed version. Any way, the same for the graphic driver. Download the latest driver for your laptop from the manufacturer site and see if it works better. Many times, laptop manufacturer are customizing the graphics drivers. Since your laptop have in addition to Intel GPU, also NVIDIA card, check in BIOS if both adapters are enabled. In many cases, the Intel GPU is disabled in laptop with additional graphics.

Leon

0 Kudos
User1591778215569464

Well, this seems to have backfired. Windows won't update and I'm having a hard time even restoring the default driver.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello User15917782155694647370

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please let us know if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello User15917782155694647370

We have not heard back from you and we also noticed that you have an internal support case open where Intel® Customer Support is assisting you regarding the same inquiry. In this case, we will proceed to close this thread in order to avoid duplication of effort and the assistance will continue through the internal support case.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos