Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Graphics Issue - Flickering

Bob_May
Beginner

I have been having this issue for several years now and I am wondering if there are other individuals experiencing it. I have screen "flickering" on a constant basis and I am wondering if there is a solution. Below are the technical specifics to my issue.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770S CPU @ 3.10GHz  3.10GHz

Computer: Dell 2720 All-in-one

Display Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Driver Version: 20.19.15.4568

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The last driver released for this graphics solution can be downloaded from here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18369/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-40.html. If this doesn't solve your problem, well, then there's no solution and likely won't be.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Bob_May

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics 4600 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for your understanding.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Bob_May
Beginner

After installing the latest video drivers, and still experiencing the flickering, I have come to the conclusion that the software is not the problem. Since the code is not the problem, it appears that the design of the code may be the problem. This led me to believe that the default video setting are in question. So by playing with the video setting, I discovered that the brightness setting was the culprit. By lowering the brightness setting, it resolved the problem and I have not had any flickering to this point.  I will keep studying this problem to ensure my analysis is correct. Thank you!

0 Kudos