Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Graphics controller "Intel HD Graphics 4400" updating for infinitely

oligropol
Beginner

Background:

In order to use another software, I encountered a crash with that software and after inquiry with the developers of that software it turned out that my crash log said the crash had to do with my graphics card. He recommended to update the drivers. After that I went to the Intel Driver Downloads page and tried to install the latest update.

Problem:

After trying to download and install "win64_15.40.5171.exe" and making sure that all other programs are closed during the installation, I clicked on 'Finish' in the update wizard in order to restart my computer immediately. However whenever I restarted my computer, the update wizard welcomed me again on startup each time, prompting me to continue with the installation process.

After asking myself what the issue was, I realized that it said at the finish screen that I should remove any installation media after the closing the wizard. 

Does this have to do something with this phaenomenon of infinite prompts to continue the installation on each start up?

After repeating the installation and restart as asked for several times, I decided to close the installation at some point.

Also where can I see that the installation of this latest update was successful or not? My Intel® Driver & Support Assistant told me that the Driver version number is still 20.19.15.5171 from the date 4/11/2020 and does not seem to have changed after the attempts to install the update.

Additional information: 

I attached 2 files:

1. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 Wednesday, May 12, 2021.txt - Graphics Driver Report
  2. Intel(R)_Graphics_Driver_Software_20210511230413.log - Log file of win64_15.40.5171.exe

Thank you for your effort!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
oligropol
Beginner

Thank you for your reply!

I have done the mentioned steps. See report file attached.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
oligropol
Beginner
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @oligropol 

You have successfully updated Graphics Driver to version  Version: 15.40.48.5171 (see the attachment). This is the latest driver version for intel 4th Generation Processors (your processor) and Intel HD Graphics 4400 (integrated in your processor).

The driver version you can see in Device Manager (DM) as well.  Open DM, click on Display adapters, then  right click on Intel HD Graphics > Properties and finally Driver tab.

Leon

n_scott_pearson
Super User

@LeonWaksman - It sounds like the OP is running an old version of IDSA and it is responsible for the cycling.

@oligropol - I suggest that you completely uninstall IDSA, reboot and then reinstall IDSA using the latest installation package available at https://downloadcenter.intel.com.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

@n_scott_pearson , I don't think that this is IDSA problem. I believe that this is very well known bug of never ending loop in the Intel Graphics Driver Installer. If this is the case, clicking on "cancel" after installing the driver and rebooting the computer, ends this installation loop.

Regards

Leon

oligropol
Beginner

Perfect, knowing that this is a well known issue with the installer and the update went successfully, I can now confirm for the bug report of another software, that the issue does not have to do with the Graphics card being on an old version.

0 Kudos