Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Graphics downloaded and installed but whenever i restart my laptop it did'nt install

Franckenstein
Beginner

Hi guys 

Ive got this installation problem in Intel Graphics - Windows 10 DCH Drivers update, to be precise I downloaded it in Intel.com with the help of Driver & Support Assistant, they scanned my device and showed me what i need to update/download so i did, then finished my download and proceed to install then i was asked to restart my laptop so i did, by the time i finished and restart has been successful i was confused that it did not install, I opened chrome and went to Driver & Support Assistant and the Graphics update is still there and not installed, I dont know what to do so i Install again, restart and still there any suggestion that may help me with this problem

btw im using a Acer Aspire 5 Laptop

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Franckenstein

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following details?

1- We understand that you are using Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) to try to update the graphics driver. What is the graphics driver version that this tool is offering? You may also provide some screenshots to better illustrate the behavior.

2- What is the Intel® DSA version running on your system?

3- Is there any particular reason why you want or need to update the graphics driver using the generic driver from the Intel® website? Are you experiencing any issues with graphics functionality or performance?

Note:

Intel® provides generic versions of software and drivers. When talking about laptops, the computer manufacturer (OEM) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes.  

For this reason, we recommend the installation of the drivers provided by the manufacturer to avoid any potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers. 

4- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JusticeCloud9
Beginner

Hi sir I'm having the same problem. I try to download the graphics driver and after restart it start back at the beginning of the install like it never happened

I did the scan like you had recommended and ive attacked it to this response  

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Franckenstein

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @JusticeCloud9

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the Intel® SSU report, the system is running the latest graphics driver, version 27.20.100.9030, meaning that the latest stable driver version has been installed correctly. If the installer is launching again after restarting the system, you can disregard that and just exit the wizard.

If you need further assistance and since everyone's situation and environment are unique, we recommend creating a new thread to isolate your case and system configuration, please make sure you add the detailed information of the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have added to this thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Franckenstein

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos