Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Graphics update not installing

notaninja
Beginner

Hi all,

My Intel Driver Support Assistant had been working fine until I received a rather strange update this week.

Description: This download installs the Intel® Graphics Driver for Baytrail and 3rd generation.
Version: x.x.x.5161
Release date: October 23, 2020
Size: 120.52 MB

Not sure why an update from almost exactly one year ago would suddenly pop up?

Admittedly my laptop is very old - 2013 - so that may have something to do with it - persist with it or just ignore?

I have attached an SSU report.

Thanks for any help,

n/aninja
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

The Intel® Graphics Driver for Baytrail and 3rd generation version xx.5161 is the latest version released for your CPU.

Leon

0 Kudos
notaninja
Beginner

^ Kudos!

For some reason, the thumbs up button won't work, even with ad-block, track-block and CDN-block all turned off.

However while it is reassuring that the driver is the latest, any idea why it would take a year for it to show up in the Intel update app? Or is the date on it not indicative of when it was released?

Most importantly, any suggestions for getting the update to install?

I have tried half a dozen times now, including in safe mode.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @notaninja 

When I'm checking your SSD report, attached to your 1st post, I can see that the Intel ® Graphics Driver Version:"10.18.10.5161" Driver Date:"08/06/2020 12:00 pm" is installed installed on your system. The Version 15.33.53.5161 is the Driver Package version, while the driver version is: 10.18.10.5161. So, looks that you have already the latest driver installed.

However, if you wish to reinstall this driver, download the applicable Zip file (if you have 32bit Windows version, in you case it will be win32_15.33.53.5161.zip). Unzip the zip file and follow the installation instructions in Installation_Readme.txt. 

Leon

0 Kudos
johnho6797
Beginner

I come across the same issue.  The Version is "10.18.10.5161" Driver Date:"08/06/2020 12:00 pm".  Only the date does not display October 23, 2020.  I let it go because the version is the same.  I am trying to solve a problem that it won't detect a VGA monitor connected through the HTMI port.  It worked before and probably broken after some new updates.  Is my solution to go back to some previous version?  I tried the next previous version and still the same.  Could you please advise?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @johnho6797 

You should verify that the video cable/adapter is working. You may try clean installation of this Intel Graphics Driver (I'm assuming that this driver supports your CPU and 64bit Windows):

1. Download the win64_15.33.53.5161.zip and extract it on your drive.

2. Disconnect the Internet Connection.

3. Right click on currently installed driver (in Device Manager), then click on Uninstall device. Check the Delete the driver software from this device option.

4. Reboot your computer. Check in the Device Manager that you see the Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter in place of Intel Graphics Driver. If not yet, repeat para. 3-4.

5. Now, install previously downloaded driver (double click on igxpin.exe)

6. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer. 

Leon

0 Kudos