Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

HD 4000 doesn't wake up from energy saving (W7/64)

JGien
Beginner

Hi,

Since a few days my HD 4000 (configured as third) doesn't wake up from energy saving anymore. After that it's also gone from Device Manager and Desktop Context Menu.Only a reboot will wake up the HD4000 again.

Setup is: Win7/64, ASUS, P8Z77-V LX2, primary and secondary on Nvidia GTS450 (works perfectly) and third on HD4000. HD4000 driver is 10.18.10.3345 (that's latest).

This setup worked fine for a long time but stopped working all of a sudden a few days ago. I can't say exactely when. I guess after one of the automatic updates. Highest ranking candidate is: NVIDIA Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Other hardware - NVIDIA High Definition Audio.

But that's just a guess and unfortunately I can't check that because I cleared the system updates.

Regards,

Jörg Giencke

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi joerg.giencke,

The driver version 3345 has been tested on sleep and hibernation mode. I would recommend getting different video drivers from your motherboard maker, as they may be customized for your motherboard model.

Check here for drivers for your motherboard model:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=39&m=P8Z77-V+LX2&os=30&hashedid=QVMnAKBzJkIffWRg http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=39&m=P8Z77-V+LX2&os=30&hashedid=QVMnAKBzJkIffWRg

Allan.

0 Kudos
JGien
Beginner

@allan_intel: Thanks for the reply. But those are just older versions of original Intel drivers bundled by ASUS for convenience - nothing really specific. Actually they issue a warning that never drivers will be overwritten.

And, btw, I had those installed, when the problem started. I only installed the newer drivers from the Intel site hoping that would fix the problem - it didn't change a thing.

0 Kudos