Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20943 Discussions

HD 6000 needs to have a better performance and be more optmized (drivers)

RPolo1
Beginner

I've the intel HD 6000 GPU in my intel NUC 5i5RYH (with intel i5-5250U processor) and with Corsair DDR3 16GB DDR3 1600 (2x8GB in dual channel mode), and an Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB in AHCI mode with UEFI with windows 8.1 x64 (waiting for windows 10 launch to upgrade for this OS) and Chrome x64 as my default browser up to date.

I see this GPU isn't being pushed to the max it can do i think, in the UEFI you just can choose the max memory shared to 1GB (and i've 16GB of RAM memory) and i think maybe the clocks could be a bit higher (some turbo boost option, i don't know, because still with drivers up do date, i can't play 4k videos on youtube for example, and even offline videos with that resolution not allways can be smootly playable.

There are a very few 8K videos on web, which i tried to play and they almost play like photos (frame by frame), using 100% of the processor in windows taskmanager (i hope somehow in windows 10 it can be possible to play it).

I also use 1920x1080@60Hz as my default resolution through mini HDMI x HDMI 1.4 on my 23" LCD LED IPS monitor.

I expect much more performance with more optimized drivers coming soon and also more optmized with DXVA, quicksync and other things.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Thank you very much for your feedback, I'll send this information to the corresponding department.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hans_B_Intel
Employee

Thank you very much for your feedback, I'll send this information to the corresponding department.

RPolo1
Beginner

Thanks. I'll wait for new drivers (for windows 8.1 x64 and windows 10 x64).

0 Kudos