Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HD 620 no HDMI connection

MZamb1
Beginner

Hello everyone, I recently bought an Asus UX430UN-GV030T (FHD 1920*1080, CPU i7-8550U (1.80 GHz), 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Intel HD 620 GPU + NIVIDIA MX150).

The Intel video driver is updated to ver. 22.20.16.4749. When I connect the notebook via HDMI to a Sony Bravia TV, which has the same FHD resolution, I encounter the same problem reported by others previously: the TV is recognized by the computer, transmits the audio but not the video. The error appears on the TV screen: "Signal not supported Check the output of the connected device". When using the same HDMI cable, connect the notebook to the LG 43UJ620V TV (4K 3840 * 2160 resolution) works perfectly. I've already tried to change the cable, to test all the HDMI ports of the TV, to lower the resolution of the notebook, to reset the TV to factory settings, but without success. It is as if the HDMI port of the notebook communicates the wrong information of a 4K resolution that the TV FHD does not support ... I read that someone has solved the problem with a driver update, but you want to avoid doing damage without precise instructions from Intel.Please help us to solve the problem. Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mzambianchi,

I understand you are having some issues connecting your Asus laptop to your Sony Bravia TV. Allow me to help you regarding this issue.

I can see that this laptop has NVIDIA graphics as well so first we need to determine which graphics controller the machine is using, in order to verify that, please follow these instructions:
  • In the Windows search bar write "Device Manager" and hit Enter.
  • Double click on "Display adapters".
  • In the drop down please verify which controller appear, if the Intel(R) HD Graphics, NVIDIA Graphics or both.

In the case that just the NVIDIA Graphics shows in the Display adapters section, I will highly recommend you to look for support with NVIDIA directly to verify if there is any update you can perform.

Then, if the Display adapter section appears the Intel(R) HD Graphics and the NVIDIA Graphics or just the Intel(R) HD Graphics you can manually perform an installation of the latest graphic drivers from Intel®.

In order to achieve so, please download the latest driver version (4901) using the following link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27412/a08/win64_15.60.2.4901.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27412/a08/win64_15.60.2.4901.zip

For the manual installation of the drivers please find the instructions on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KzoQDjMMY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KzoQDjMMY

Please note that the driver I am sharing with you is a generic driver from Intel® and some features of it might not be available for your machine, we always recommend verifying if there is any update with the manufacturer of the computer.

Antony S.
MZamb1
Beginner

Good news! I've just updated the driver by following Intel's instructions in response to my report. Following the link sent by Intel, I downloaded and unzipped the file win64_15.60.2.4901.zip. During the update phase (from Device Manager/Intel UHD Graphics 620), you need to point the igdlh64.inf file inside the unzipped Graphics folder. The driver version that was previously 22.20.16.4749 dated 07.07.2017, is now 23.20.16.49 dated 2017/12/18. I can confirm that now the HDMI connection works perfectly (audio and video) on both the LG and the Sony TV. I hope it will continue to function without problems in the future ... Many thanks, Intel!

0 Kudos
MZamb1
Beginner

Good news! I've just updated the driver by following Intel's instructions in response to my report. Following the link sent by Intel, I downloaded and unzipped the file win64_15.60.2.4901.zip. During the update phase (from Device Manager/Intel UHD Graphics 620), you need to point the igdlh64.inf file inside the unzipped Graphics folder. The driver version that was previously 22.20.16.4749 dated 07.07.2017, is now 23.20.16.49 dated 2017/12/18. I can confirm that now the HDMI connection works perfectly (audio and video) on both the LG and the Sony TV. I hope it will continue to function without problems in the future ... Many thanks, Intel!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mzambianchi,

It is really good to hear that your system is up and running now! It has been my pleasure to assist you regarding this issue.

Antony S.
0 Kudos