Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HD 630 Resume From Standby Screen Flickering

MJone10
New Contributor I

Hi, I just updated my Kaby Lake i5-7600 HD 630 to latest graphics driver 15.46.2.1.64.4729

After resuming from sleep my screen just flashes and displays vertical lines. I can't see the desktop just the lines and flashing screen.

I have to power off the machine and reboot to get back into windows.

Seems to be an issue with the latest update as previous driver worked ok.

1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

This issue should be fixed with driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27355 15.60.01.4877 . Note: Any user with 6th Generation graphics (Skylake) on Windows 7/8.1 please use driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27360 15.45.23.4860

If you still see this issue with the aforementioned driver, then I'll suggest creating a new thread using this format (feel free to reference this thread).

Every scenario is different and we could use the new data provided to determine why it is still affecting your system.

I'm locking this thread now since we have been receiving positive feedback on this latest driver.

Thank you all for your patience and assistance in resolving this issue.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
132 Replies
PBixb
New Contributor I

Ronald_Intel wrote:

Please let me know the following:

1. If you have a laptop, can you reproduce the issue using only the Local Flat Panel (LFP)? how about connecting an external display?

2. What kind of connection you have to the external display? (e.g. DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort, HDMI-to-HDMI, USB-C to DisplayPort)

3. Are you using any kind of adapter or converter?

4. Do you recall enabling/disabling any particular Windows feature? (e.g. Hyper-V).

5. Current Advanced Power Settings, particularly for Sleep, Power buttons and lid, Display and Intel Graphics Settings?

1. When I connect to an external display as either duplicate or extend, it works fine on a fresh boot. Close lid, sleep, wake, and the secondary display is getting a signal, but the screen is black. The LFP is also black. Only a forced reboot will fix.

2. I am using a USB-C to HDMI adapter to the external display.

3. No.

4. No.

5. See attachments.

0 Kudos
WAhme
Beginner

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Updated to latest driver, the screen flickers and white screen after waking from sleep.

When I downgrade to last driver, the sleep issue is resolved.

I'm using a laptop, LeInovo Ideapad 110.

6th generation Intel i3

4GB RAM

Intel HD 520

I'm not using any external display. The sleep issue is there regardless of if whether the AC power is plugged in or not.

Please help!

0 Kudos
BJenn
Beginner

I have the same problem with my laptop an ASUS ROG GL552VW, with 530 Intel graphics with version 22.20.16.4729 and a Nvidia 960M driver version 382.33 dual graphics. But I just found a workaround for this after the machine resumes from sleep I get the black screen with flashing bars but if I hit fn + F7 twice the problem fixes itself and I can use the machine normally. fn + F7 on my machine turns the monitor on & off and must force a graphics driver reset, fixing the problem. Check to see if your machine has the same functionality, it might be a different set of function keys.

0 Kudos
SSimu1
Beginner

I cannot do that, I'm using a desktop..

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi stefano.simula, since you have a desktop - and only for testing purposes - try disconnecting the video cable from the computer and connect it back again, see if it does the trick.

So far all my attempts to replicate this issue have been unsuccessful. In addition to the NUCs I listed in my previous post, I added a laptop (Acer Predator G9-591-70VM with HD Graphics 530 + Nvidia GTX 970M) to my replication attempts.

Please keep using the driver that works for you while I try other combinations.

Once I have more information I'll post it here.

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
SSimu1
Beginner

Unfortunally that trick does not work

I've tried also using a old version of driver.. Do you know which version I've to use to avoid this issue?

Thanks,

Ste

ps. Let me know if I can help you to replicate this issue.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi stefano.simula

The original post mentioned that the issue started with driver 15.46.4729, and reverting back to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26836 15.45.4678 fixes it.

Let me know how that works for you.

Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
SSimu1
Beginner

Nope, same issue also using 21.20.16.4678 as you can see from the screenshot attached.

I'm using a x64 driver version. Can be usefull?

0 Kudos
APMichael
New Contributor I

Not fixed in driver version 15.46.05.4771.

(BTW: Why are Intel Developers not able to simply compare the changes they made between two driver versions?)

0 Kudos
PBixb
New Contributor I

Since the time of my original postings, I have purchased an Intel NUC7i5BNK as well as a Microsoft Surface laptop. Both had issues with 15.46 (4729 and 4771). Both are fine with 15.45.

Back to the drawing board, Intel.

RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I would like to provide an update on this issue.

I tried very hard to replicate this issue, yet I couldn't do it. So I turned to inquiring other support teams worldwide.

The info I found is that this might be an issue coming from the combination of 15.46 drivers and Windows 10 Creators Update (a.k.a. RedStone 2). Apparently with the next Windows 10 Update (codename RS3 - RedStone 3) the issue should not occur.

I believe RS3 is scheduled for September initial release, finalizing with a widespread release on October (this is according to Microsoft and dates may change), although some Windows Insider participants may already have it.

For all of you having the issue, keep using 1https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26836 5.45 drivers and once you have RS3 installed, try the latest 15.46 at the time. I'll continue to monitor this thread and will try it myself as soon as I can get RS3.

stefano.simula it appears that your issue has a different root cause. This is based on the fact that using 15.45.4678 doesn't fix the issue for you (it does for all other users here). I noticed that for the Asus Z170I PRO GAMING motherboard a new BIOS was released on July 21st, version 3406 https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170I-PRO-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/ Z170I PRO GAMING | Motherboards | ASUS USA try checking with Asus support to see if they recommend updating to this new BIOS.

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

SSimu1
Beginner

Hi Ronald,

I've already installed the new bios version, as you can see on the attachment.

No solution yet.

Sorry,

Stefano

0 Kudos
PBixb
New Contributor I

I just installed RS3.....the release version....16299.15. I still have the same problem with 15.46. No change whatsoever.

0 Kudos
SLubz
Beginner

Are there ANY feedback from hard working debuggers or bug hunters? I think your head ache more cause MS started to push driver updates!!!

0 Kudos
SDM1
Novice

I have similar issue. (Laptop can't resume from sleep mode)

It's not related Windows 10 Creators Update (RestStone 2),

I installed Redstone 3 (via Windows Insider Program) yesterday, but the problem is same.

This is Intel HD630 graphics driver bug. I don't understand why Intel can't recognize this as software bug.

RonaldM_Intel

Hello mpsd,

Since you already have RS3 installed, I was wondering if you can help us by providing the latest https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000022556.html DxDiag.txt and most importantly, the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000022557.html DispDiag.dat file.

In order to get the cleanest DispDiag.dat file possible follow these steps:

1. Restart Windows.

2. Run dispDiag.

3. Reproduce the issue (i.e. send the system to Sleep and wake it up).

4. Run dispDiag again (this is the cleanest file).

Due to the nature of the issue, chances are that on step 3 above there won't be video. If you are forced to do a hard reset, continue with step 4 once Windows boots again.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
SDM1
Novice

Attached the generated files. The compressed file password is sent via private message.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Thank you mpsd for the files, I got them and they are being analyzed now.

Everyone following this thread and the ones related to the same issue:

As soon as I have an update I'll post it here.

Once again, thank you for your patience and willingness to cooperate with us.

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
SDM1
Novice

Hi, my issue is resolved by latest BIOS update released today.

(dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=RCC7H&osCode=WT64A&languageCode=en&categoryId=BI)

I also installed Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16291 released yesterday,

but I think the issue is resolved by the new BIOS update.

Anyway, laptop can now resume from sleep mode with HD630 driver version 22.20.16.4771,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello mpsd,

Thank you for taking the time to report your solution.

Actually this being a combination of the new 15.46 drivers and BIOS would explain why I wasn't able to reproduce the issue here, since I was using different systems (i.e. different BIOS code)... I must admit that is a tricky scenario.

For all other users experiencing this issue, please check if a new BIOS is made available for your computer/motherboard and let me know if it fixes the issue as well.

We are still working on this internally [bug ID 1406457227], but our debug team hasn't been able to reproduce it either. We are looking at getting one failing system in order to continue our investigation, plus the data provided previously on this thread.

As soon as I have news I'll post them here.

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos