Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

HD 630 Resume From Standby Screen Flickering

MJone10
New Contributor I

Hi, I just updated my Kaby Lake i5-7600 HD 630 to latest graphics driver 15.46.2.1.64.4729

After resuming from sleep my screen just flashes and displays vertical lines. I can't see the desktop just the lines and flashing screen.

I have to power off the machine and reboot to get back into windows.

Seems to be an issue with the latest update as previous driver worked ok.

1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

This issue should be fixed with driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27355 15.60.01.4877 . Note: Any user with 6th Generation graphics (Skylake) on Windows 7/8.1 please use driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27360 15.45.23.4860

If you still see this issue with the aforementioned driver, then I'll suggest creating a new thread using this format (feel free to reference this thread).

Every scenario is different and we could use the new data provided to determine why it is still affecting your system.

I'm locking this thread now since we have been receiving positive feedback on this latest driver.

Thank you all for your patience and assistance in resolving this issue.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
132 Replies
MMcGr1
Beginner

15.60 Fixed the sleep issue on my MSI PC Mate MB with 7700K (Intel 630HD graphics). This is with the Fall Creators update (1709), but applying that Window 10 update alone did not fix the problem for me. I tested the issue with only the Windows 10 1709 patch applied, and the sleep recover problem persisted. Once 15.60 was installed after that test and system rebooted, recover from sleep left me at the login prompt as expected with a clear screen. So ... Intel ... there was not a BIOS requirement for this fix? Good thing you're getting AMD to write drivers for future mobile Intel+Vega based CPU/GPU integrations just announced. Hopefully this will also be part of desktop offerings in the future.

0 Kudos
SLubz
Beginner

Not working. Same issue. Black screen after wake up. Yoga 900 Hd520.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to all of you that tested with https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266 15.60.0.4849 and provided your feedback.

I have news on this one. We believe the problematic code has been isolated, and a solution is in place already in our latest driver build (internal only). We are currently testing this internally, so for the rest of you that are still facing this issue, even with latest 15.60, rest assured that help is on its way.

We appreciate your patience.

Edit 11/28/2017: I am temporarily marking this reply as "Correct Answer" only so it appears at the top of the thread for the convenience of any new user joining this thread. It is NOT an indication that Intel has stopped monitoring or working on this issue.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

SLubz
Beginner

Great news! Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
Zingam
Beginner

Hello Ronald,

When are you going to provide a driver that can be installed on laptops with the installer without going through the trouble to unpack it and install it manually via Windows device manager?

Other GPU vendors have been providing "Reference graphics" drivers for laptops for ages now!

0 Kudos
SSnap
Beginner

I'm glad to hear that there is a fix in the works. Can you tell us when it will be available? Will it be an updated driver or a BIOS update?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
amahm2
Beginner

i have problem with my hp au102ne

my laptop screen is randomly turn off/on the time of screen is off less than 1 sec

i test several drver and several win 10.now my windows is 10 rs3 and intel driver ver is 23.20.16.4849

I also add this our corporation buy 4 lenovo laptop that have similar issue.those laptops only have intel graphic

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

my laptop screen is flicker(turnoff/on) randomly

the time of screen is off less than 1 second.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):****

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

intel hd 620.hp pavilion 15 au102ne

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-top: none; border-right: 1pt solid windowtext; border-bottom: 1pt solid windowtext; border-left: none; font-...
0 Kudos
KOehl
Beginner

I'm curious whether this new fix from Intel will be included in a Windows update or in some other way, like a Dell Update, or will we have to keep checking here for it? Also, will it fix a totally black screen after sleep (my screen doesn't have the vertical lines, it just won't wake up even after the computer obviously woke up.)

0 Kudos
MMcGr1
Beginner

Unfortunately, your issue is like the one speedytr is experiencing. That does not appear to be corrected nor do I think Intel has reproduction steps for that issue. Eventually, fixes should be rolled into WHQL drivers for MS. Dell probably would include a driver like this since it fixes an issue with their production models. The Intel site will be the fastest way to get the corrected drivers; when they fix the issue. You should periodically check for updated drivers here. There is no timeline for MS or Dell to include the drivers once released.

0 Kudos
JTHOM24
Novice

I can't install the latest version 15.6 on my HD 520.

While installing a popup menu is showing "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer".

0 Kudos
Zingam
Beginner

For some mysterious reason Intel refuses to supply its mobile GPU customers with a Reference driver unlike NVIDIA and AMD (which they do for years). I can guess is to avoid people complaints and support. For that reason I would never buy a Intel GPU if I could. Unfortunately they put it in every single CPU these days.

You still can install it. You need to unpack the driver and install it via Device Manger. You could Google for instructions. They should be easy to find and follow but still annoying to have to do that process.

0 Kudos
diegohum
Beginner

Last driver update solves the problem for me too.

Now it recovers ok from sleep.

Driver Version: 23.20.16.4849

Thanks,

Signing off 🙂

0 Kudos
SZolt
Beginner

Hi All,

I had similar issue, after wake Win 10 only shows this picture: ( Asrock H110M-ITX i3-6100 HD530 )

All new drivers had problems for me, so I've rolled back to v 21.20.16.4542 from asrock download site, no issues until now.

QXia2
Beginner

Hi

If you can't roll back to the previous driver version because of the creator's update and you have an Acer device try the BIOS update released on 11/13 aimed at fixing this. It did the trick for my Acer R5-471T. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

Good luck

0 Kudos
NPinc
Beginner

I'm having the same issue with my Acer, but the latest BIOS update available for my model is from August. I'm hesitant to do that...

0 Kudos
amahm2
Beginner

my system info

0 Kudos
TTk
Beginner

I'm using the HD530 and after creators update the same problem persists, (I already update the drivers to the last version) how intel can't solve that!?

Now downgrading to 15.45, and hoping that windows update leave the drivers alone...

0 Kudos
MMcGr1
Beginner

Keep in mind that if the latest drivers were installed prior to the Fall Creators Update from MS, the video drivers were likely replaced. Many things are reset during what should be called Fall Creators Reinstallation. Did you validate the installed or simply reinstall the Intel driver.

Also, are you having the wake-up from sleep showing vertical and possibly slightly flashing lines? There are other issues like black screen which are not apparently fixed; though it's also possible the latest Intel driver does not fix but simply removes a previous "fix."

The 630 issue appeared to no longer happen, but I don't have a CPU with 530 graphics with which I could test.

0 Kudos
amahm2
Beginner

mkmcgregor wrote:

Also, are you having the wake-up from sleep showing vertical and possibly slightly flashing lines?

no

0 Kudos
PR3
Beginner

This issue "screen flickering" or really looks like a crazy rainbow when the computer comes out of sleep just started happening in the last week. I had this PC for 6 months. I had the July 2017 Driver. Install win64_154702.4815.exe same issue.

This happened after I "refrehsed" my Windows 10 Machine. Until that time it was not an issue.

I have seen this on the board now since July. 6 months and this is not resolved?

Really a pain to have to shut down every time, or if I forget I have to pull the plug on the PC to hard reboot it.

0 Kudos
ERody
Beginner

Recently purchased a new CPU i7-7700 with Intel HD 630 on it. Only works without a driver installed, already tried all possible versions of driver I could found including the latest 15.60, but the problem is still there.

Temporary turned off the graphic card in BIOS as far as using an external one.

0 Kudos