Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

HD Graphics 520 - Dual Monitor - Display not detected - Black Screen

JStex
Beginner

I am using a Dell Inspiron 1500 with HD 520 Driver.  I have the 2nd monitor connected through HDMI out of the laptop to a VGA Adapter to the monitor.

In the Display settings the 2nd monitor is recognized in that it will show the 2nd monitor, shows the model of the 2nd monitor, and allows me to make the selection to "extend these displays".   However, the second monitor screen is black and when I click on Detect I receive the message "didn't detect another display".

I checked the Driver updates and it says it is using the best driver.

The monitor does work on another laptop connected directly to VGA port.

Is there a setting I am missing?  Is the Driver flawed? Is the VGA/HDMI Adapter bad? IS the HDMI port bad?  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JStex, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Just to make sure, besides the screen integrated on the laptop, are you using one or two external monitors?

What is the specific model of the monitors?

What is the model of the VGA Adapter?

You mentioned "In the Display settings the 2nd monitor is recognized", you mean in the Windows* display settings or in the Intel® Graphics Comand Center display settings?

Was the "2nd monitor" working fine before with this same VGA Adapter and this same laptop?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the Intel® Graphics report for us to verify and confirm if/how the monitor(s) are being recognized.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Please attach the SSU report as well so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello JStex, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JStex,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos