Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD Graphics 530 Monitor Priority Issue

vjust521
Beginner

A desktop system with the Intel HD Graphics 530 with a display port and VGA port boots first the display port LCD as desired but once Windows loads it switches to the VGA port LCD as the priority. You can manually switch it back in the Intel software and save it, but as soon as you reboot it does it again. We need the display port to be the priority display because it is a touchscreen point of sale display. The VGA is a standard LCD monitor. Has anyone had issues with the boot priority not saving after reboot?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, got my edit boxes mixed up. Here's the real response I intended for this conversation:

Have you looked at the settings in the BIOS? I believe that you need to make sure that the primary monitor identified by the BIOS is also the one you want to be primary in Windows.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
vjust521
Beginner

Yes, I tried changing the bios settings and it does boot correctly until Windows is loading and it switches. I am working with NCR engineers on the issue and will continue to do so. 

0 Kudos