Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

HD Graphics 630 driver update from 26.20.100.7986 to 31.0.101.2115 failure

Cas-K
New Contributor I

I'm sending  a log file containing the messages from a failed driver installation and an 'event id 20' entry from the MSFT event log. Any help in resolving this would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Cas-K,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® HD Graphics 630.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. When did the issue start? Is it recent?

2. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

3. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

4. Did you try to perform a clean installation of the drivers?

5. What is the brand and model name of your processor?

6. Are you experiencing any issues with the graphics besides the update?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Cas-K
New Contributor I

Have you looked at the two attachments? The event log gets an entry every time Windowsupdate runs, complaining about a failure to update the Intel video driver software - this happens everytime Windowsupdate runs. I really can't give you anymore information than the IntelGFX log has. I am running Windows 11 22H2 (  Build 22621.1105). I started getting these evnt log entries right after atempting the Intel driver update. I'm using a desktop and I'm not experiencing any video problems - I was simply trying to stay up with maintenance and felt that getting the latest update from Intel was the right thing to do.  I'm attaching a section of MSinfo32. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Cas-K, 

Thanks for the response. Just to confirm the issue, please try the following:

1. TRy to perform the update using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant:

2. Tr to perform a clean installation of the driver:

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Cas-K
New Contributor I

I'm very leery of doing intel graphics driver updates - my system seems to have problems after these types of updates. I currently have two Intel updates: One is for a intel software component 20.100.0.0 and the other is for an intel extension 20.110.0. I'm going to remove these from the queue. I'm not having any problems with the driver 20.20.100.7986.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Cas-K, 

Thanks for the confirmation. If you would like us to investigate this issue further, besides the reports that you have sent, please provide the report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

If you would not want us to investigate, just let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Cas-K
New Contributor I

I'm sendimng you the information that you requested.

0 Kudos
Cas-K
New Contributor I

Ok, so what should I do ? I don't need any updates? What about 31.0.101.2115 ? 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Cas-K, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

My suggestion would be to do a clean install.

1. Download - but do not install just yet - the new driver package from the Intel site. Here is link to download page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/762755/intel-6th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html
  2. Very Important: Disconnect system from Internet. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable Wireless. Note: if using Wireless, it should be disabled in such a way that reboots can occur without it automatically re-enabling.
  3. In the Apps and Features applet, check to see if there is an Intel HD Graphics or Intel Graphics entry. If not, skip to Step 6.
  4. Click on the Intel HD Graphics or Intel Graphics entry and select Uninstall.
  5. Reboot the system, keeping Internet access disconnected.
  6. From Device Manager, check if there is an entry for an Intel Graphics adapter. If you see only the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, skip to Step 9.
  7. Right-click on the entry for the Intel Graphics adapter and select Uninstall Device. Checkmark Delete the driver software for this device and then click on the Uninstall button.
  8. Go back to step 5.
  9. Install the new driver package that you downloaded in Step 1.
  10. Reboot the system.
  11. Reconnect Internet access.
  12. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Cas-K
New Contributor I

Thank you for your help - my system is happy.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Cas-K, 

We are still investigating this issue with the driver installation. However, I would like to know if the steps provided by n_scott_pearson helped you and if the issue is fixed.

I will be waiting for the confirmation.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Cas-K
New Contributor I

I answered that everything is good. Mr. pearson's instructions bwere helpful and a 'clean' install was necessary to get around my Intel driver update problem. 

DeividA_Intel

Hello Cas-K, 

Thanks for the confirmation, I am glad to know that the steps shared by n_scott_pearson helped you and fixed the issue. I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos