Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

HD graphics 530 drivers are getting worse. Still have issues with pixelation but at driver 26.20.100.7162 I also get a 5 - 7 second black screen quite often. So bad that I have uninstalled the Intel driver and go back to "Microsoft Basic Adapter driver"

BJurg
Beginner

However, the Intel driver keeps installing itself periodically. This forcing me to uninstall it periodically (Intel HD graphics is part of the motherboard). Intel i7 processor version 6. How can I just keep "Microsoft Basic Adaper driver"?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your device/motherboard?

what is the model number of your processor?

Are you a laptop or desktop?

Do you have dual graphics?

Doc

0 Kudos
BJurg
Beginner

I have an ASUS desktop Vivo M32CD. (M32CD_A_F_K20CD_K31CD)

Processor is Intel Core i7 6700 (Skylake)

I do NOT have dual graphics, just the Intel HD Graphics 530.

I have have had these pixelation issues for years, but now the "Black Screen" makes it impossible to utilize the maching - thus I keep going back to the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".

ASUS support is no help as it only has an online manager and it only has the old Intel 15 version of a driver, which I believe is not compatible with Windows 10.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If the latest DCH driver performs the same way, there is nothing that can be done to correct an ASUS hardware issue.

You can try the driver here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29195/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, you may want to update the asus bios.

Doc

0 Kudos
BJurg
Beginner

I have the most current ASUS BIOS.

Previously, I had downloaded driver 26.20.100.7463 - an had to unistall it as it was so bad (for my machine).

0 Kudos