Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

HD620 no audio from eDP. How can i find audio device on windows 10 IOT

johns1
Beginner

The operating system I am using now is Windows 10 IOT.
The display connects to the eDP and also has an audio terminal.
The display works well, but the audio device cannot be found.
I looked up the graphics control center and there was no audio setting.
Can I also set up an audio device with an eDP connection on my monitor even if I use Intel HD620 or another graphics chipset?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @johns1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to understand better your environment and provide you with the proper information, could you please confirm the following details?

1- Please elaborate more on the specific configuration you have. For instance, type of system and display, type of cables (in case of external displays), audio devices, receivers, other peripherals, how you connect the devices, etc.

2- When you said, "The display connects to the eDP and also has an audio terminal.", are you talking about a built-in display like the ones in laptops? Is your system a laptop, tablet, or an "All-in-One" computer?

Also, does the display includes an audio device (e.g.: some kind of integrated speakers), or do you mean it has an audio connector (output line) to connect to an external audio device?

3- If you are using some kind of external/detachable display, please provide the maker and the model:

4- When you said "the audio device cannot be found", where are you seeing this message? Could you please provide some screenshots and more details?

5- Please provide details about the system or computer you are using. For instance, maker, model, etc.:

6- We understand that you are using "Windows 10 IOT". Do you mean "Windows 10 IoT Enterprise"? Or is it Windows* 10 IoT Core™ or IoT Mobile?

If possible, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Note: If you are unable to run the Intel® SSU, please confirm the following details:

1. Windows* IoT exact version and build number:
  2. Intel® Processor model:
  3. Intel® Graphics driver version:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello johns1

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello johns1

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos