Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HDMI audio works for some games and not others

AMagd2
Beginner

Hello,

I have an integrated Intel HD 530. This problem has been frustrating me ever since I installed Windows 10 64-bit. Some games play audio fine while others do not... I'm using the latest drivers.

Rolling back to Windows 7 fixed the problem, but I want to solve it for Windows 10...

Games that always have this issue:

• Rocket League
  • Fallout 3
  • Skyrim
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • GTA San Andreas

What can be done to fix this issue? Thank you.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello AMagd2, Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. In order to further assist you with your issue, please share with us the information and reports requested on the following link: https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P0000490AGdSAM Best regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AMagd2
Beginner

Hello Oscar,

Thanks for replying. I have attached the document after filling it.

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello AMagd2, Thank you for the information provided. Could you please also attach the system report using the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*? Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AMagd2
Beginner

Hello, Oscar,

Of course. The report is attached.

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello AMagd2, Thank you for the information provided. Allow me to investigate the behavior you're experiencing. I'll be posting back to let you know the outcome. Regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AMagd2
Beginner

Hello again,

Apparently this issue was reported a year ago: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490WsRSAU/hdmi-audio-works-for-some-games-and-not-others

The fact that this issue doesn't occur in Windows 7 and 8.1 wasn't mentioned. Also many games showing this exact same issue were not mentioned.

So apparently it isn't the code of the games which is causing this issue? Is there ever going to be a fix by intel in an incoming update or so?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello Amagd2, Please make sure you have already updated Windows 10* to the latest version. Also, it could be a compatibility issue between the operating system and the games, having the following symptoms: - The PC game fails to run. - The PC game doesn't run at full screen. - The PC game runs slow. - There are graphical artifacts. - Random texture rendering issues. We have an article that might help you with the compatibility issue. Please follow the steps on the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030981/graphics-drivers.html Best regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello Amagd2, I would like to know if the information provided was helpful for your inquiry. Regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AMagd2
Beginner

Hello, oscar,

I went into the article you provided. I upgraded Windows 10 to the latest version (and build) and tested the games again. I also tried running all the games in compatibility mode. Unfortunately, the problem remains. The only temporary solution is to play the game in 1920x1080 resolution or open the game in windowed mode, otherwise the audio won't play through HDMI.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Amagd2, Thank you very much for providing those updates. We will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello Amagd2, Thank you for the updated provided. I have checked the DirectX* versions for each game you provided and they support DTX v9 and 8.1 (GTA San Andreas) which is not being found on Windows*10 automatically. Since you're running the latest Windows* 10 version, drivers and the issue persists, the best recommendation is to contact the game developers to check if they have any workaround for the issue. The problems seems to be more a compatibility issue between the games and the operating system and not to the Intel® HD/UHD Graphics driver. Regards, Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos