Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

HDMI of intel graphics 630 not working on win 10 22H2

CalinFram
Novice
Hello, several years have passed and this issue is still not resolved.

After an certain update of windows 10 back in 2017, the HDMI of the intel graphics 630 is not working.

It works on previous versions or in win 7.

I have seen this issue on all laptops having this graphic card.
Latest drivers do not resolve the issue.

Does a fix exist for this? This was posted also on microsoft forums

Thank you
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CalinFram
Novice

Please see my answer in blue:

1. Was it working before? If it was, what was the driver version that worked fine? 
    1. On windows 7 and on win 11 was working good
  2. What is the HDMI issue exactly (flickering, crashes, no video output)? 
    1. No Output at all, black screen
  3. How many devices are affected? Are they only laptops? 
    1. I've seen this issue on 3-4 laptops, Lenovo, HP, Asus, etc all had the stated Intel Graphics
  4. Perform a clean installation of your graphics drivers, and then, install the latest graphics driver. Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. 
    1. In case of all Laptops, a clean version of Windows 10 was installed, Windows would install teh driver automatically. 
    2. For the last laptop, after all win 10 updates,  i unistalled the first driver (Also downloaded driver), and the windows installed another one. After that it worked, For the older laptops, 
  5. If the issue persists, try the previous steps using the Laptop manufacturer's driver. 
    1. I installed the driver from intel for older laptops, it didn't work, it just happened for teh last one. 

We can close this issue, i would go with this solution: 

1) Make all win 10 updates

2) Uninstall Intel driver. - also check delete downloaded driver

3) New driver will be reinstalled automatically

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CalinFram
Novice
After i uninstalled the driver and downloaded parts from device manager, in 15 minutes another driver was installed by win 10 and it had a different software for intel installed, then the hdmi just worked....
I don't know why it was installed bad in the first time...
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CalinFram

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue and try the following steps: 

1. Was it working before? If it was, what was the driver version that worked fine? 
  4. Perform a clean installation of your graphics drivers, and then, install the latest graphics driver. Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. 
  5. If the issue persists, try the previous steps using the Laptop manufacturer's driver. 

Important note: Since this issue is present in laptops as you described, we recommend using the driver software provided by your Laptop manufacturer to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

CalinFram
Novice

Please see my answer in blue:

1. On windows 7 and on win 11 was working good
    1. No Output at all, black screen
    1. I've seen this issue on 3-4 laptops, Lenovo, HP, Asus, etc all had the stated Intel Graphics
    1. In case of all Laptops, a clean version of Windows 10 was installed, Windows would install teh driver automatically. 
    2. For the last laptop, after all win 10 updates,  i unistalled the first driver (Also downloaded driver), and the windows installed another one. After that it worked, For the older laptops, 
    1. I installed the driver from intel for older laptops, it didn't work, it just happened for teh last one. 

We can close this issue, i would go with this solution: 

1) Make all win 10 updates

2) Uninstall Intel driver. - also check delete downloaded driver

3) New driver will be reinstalled automatically

0 Kudos
Aleksandar08
Beginner

I have the same problem, I can't use hdml, there is no indication on the monitor when I connect it, the intel integrated graphics is enabled by the bios, I don't know what to do!

0 Kudos
Derf
Beginner

I've had the same issue since the most recent cumulative Windows11 update. Were you able to resolve it??

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CalinFram.   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

CalinFram
Novice

I pressed the wrong button, it was ment for your first post. Don't know how to change it

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CalinFram

Thank you for the information provided. 

Just in case, the Clean installation of graphics has to be done disconnected from the internet, since Microsoft will update automatically the driver and process cannot be done correctly, as you can see in the proper article

Also, please take in mind that Intel provides generic drivers that may not work in Laptops, as they are manufactured with your Laptop Manufacturer's customizations and software. It is strongly recommended to install your Laptop Manufacturer's drivers as are they customized for your laptops. For this reason, we want to recommend you to follow the steps we recommended previously. 

In any case, as we understand that you want to close this thread now. If you still need our assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos