Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HP Z27 monitor is wrongly identified as Z24 resulting in lower resolution

ISimo2
Beginner

Hello,

My HP Z27 monitor is wrongly identified as Z24 by Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. As a result, I can't choose appropriate (maximum) resolution which should be 3840x2160.

The maximum I'm getting right now is only 1929x1200 and it's quite blurry.

Please help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Have you verified with HP that the monitor is providing the correct information? Have you tried the same monitor on another system with an nvidia or amd graphics card?

Doc

0 Kudos
ISimo2
Beginner

Unfortunately no, cause the monitor is used in the office and all of employees have the same OS (Windows 10) and most of us have same laptops (HP EliteBook 840 G2).

Same notebook connected to the monitor obviously produces the same issue. Couldn't find a desktop to try and connect them.

Connecting with a display port, tried both direct and via a dock-station. Same result.

Called HP's customer support, they are claiming that it's a Windows update issue and it might be resolved with a next OS build.

I also tried their recommendations to update the driver - no changes.

I will try and find someone with another graphics card manufacturer and see what happens.

0 Kudos